Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After our last field trip my students have been eager to get into slingshots. So after a week of great behavior I shut down class 2 hours early and we all hit the woods to find birch and alder forks. Here is today's work. Most are debarked and some have contoured handles. Tomorrow is bands and pouches... This is going to exhaust my pouch supply but it is totally worth it.

We will be building a "range" with tarps, blankets, catch boxes, and banging cans tomorrow for PE. Some kids took them home to finish sanding and add some stain. I will take some more pics tomorrow.

VzZnS2Y.jpg?1

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ditto the previous comments!

Mrs. Raja and I volunteer for the archery club at a local school. Started talking about slingshots with the teachers who run the program, one of whom is the woodshed teacher.

Consider making pouches out of "urban leather" duct tape on fake leather or suede. Your students can experiment with different thicknesses by adding duct tape. If they scree up a pouch - no big deal.

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Hey!!! Not to be the only Faux-Lawyer in the group but did you have to get a release signed by a legal guardian? Get written approval for the Superintendent of Schools? What about local ordinance? And for the love of God...what if a kind puts an eye out?!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hey!!! Not to be the only Faux-Lawyer in the group but did you have to get a release signed by a legal guardian? Get written approval for the Superintendent of Schools? What about local ordinance? And for the love of God...what if a kind puts an eye out?!

I, the undersigned, as the lawful parent, guardian at law, custodial adult, responsible placement party, and/or current statutory partner thereof, being heretofore responsible for the aforementioned child and/or minor of otherwise tender years, and having been adjudicated a dependent as defined by the Children's Code, do hereby grant unto all individuals present and with any legal, common law, statutory, procedural, and/or administrative rights in the aforementioned child, my permission for said child/children/ward of the state, or hold-over student, to participate, unconditionally in an inherently dangerous activity as defined, in pertinent part, in the attached addendum, to wit.....

OK - who wants to take over from here?

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts

I, the undersigned, as the lawful parent, guardian at law, custodial adult, responsible placement party, and/or current statutory partner thereof, being heretofore responsible for the aforementioned child and/or minor of otherwise tender years, and having been adjudicated a dependent as defined by the Children's Code, do hereby grant unto all individuals present and with any legal, common law, statutory, procedural, and/or administrative rights in the aforementioned child, my permission for said child/children/ward of the state, or hold-over student, to participate, unconditionally in an inherently dangerous activity as defined, in pertinent part, in the attached addendum, to wit.....

.....and you could put yer' dang eye out....!!!!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts

.....and you could put yer' dang eye out....!!!!

And if you break a leg, don't come running to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts