Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to purchase some fray/spray and I got more than I bargained for???? The clerk that waited on me was curious why I was so interested in different types of string for a “ SLINGSHOT” I I told her about a couple of videos, that she could check out. She said that she thought her Son would love to try shooting slingshots, since he wanted to shoot archery but due to where they live he couldn’t shoot a bow. I hope they try shooting slingshots and discover it’s more than just a slingshot????

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I get tons of response when slingshots are brought up but very few take it up. One exception is a guy that lives a couple doors from my Mother's house. A month or so ago she asked if I could spare one for this older guy named Steve that lived near her. I finally met him yesterday and he was all about the flip I gave him and shooting in general, hopefully he'll show up here soon.

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
I went to purchase some fray/spray and I got more than I bargained for The clerk that waited on me was curious why I was so interested in different types of string for a " SLINGSHOT" I I told her about a couple of videos, that she could check out. She said that she thought her Son would love to try shooting slingshots, since he wanted to shoot archery but due to where they live he couldn't shoot a bow. I hope they try shooting slingshots and discover it's more than just a slingshot
I always feel like the odd man out but what is fray/spray?

·
Premium Member
11,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fray/spray is like a glue used by a lot of people who sew. It's used to prevent the string ends from fraying. Table Liquid Drinkware Bottle Fluid
Brown Door Wood Floor Flooring
Fray/spray goes by other names, here is the one I purchased. When I use paracord to tie the cuffs on my slingshots I heat the ends of the paracord to keep them from unraveling.Since Im trying crochet thread without cuffs, I put fray/spray on the ends of the crochet thread.

Attachments

·
Trying to find my way.
399 Posts
In my experience, slingshots and archery are close enough to each other that practicing with a slingshot (at least if you anchor somewhere around your face/head) will translate to consistency in archery. But slingshots are so much cheaper than archery ever will be, so I love slingshots several orders of magnitude more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts