Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going through some pictures and I found these three old Metal (Aluminum) core builds. The first one pictured was my first attempt at one. I was happy with it and it was a fun project.
The second one I went a bit more difficult on the cuts ( angles ) of wood. The 3rd was the last one I made. It came out nice but I had a void that needed a palm swell. I
should have incorporated it in the original carve out but I didn't think I needed it. Wrong. I tried to add a piece of Spalted Sweet Gum for the palm swell. It served it's purpose but looked horrible. I'm not as gifted a craftsman as some of the people on here (and there's more then a few), but I do my best and it's all kind of fun. The best part for me with these Metal Core jobs is picking out all the different exotic wood pieces. The Spacers were G-10. The woods used were, Mesquite Burl, Lacewood, Myrtle wood, Mulberry, and Poplar. I don't remember if there was another Burl (love that stuff). That's pretty much it for this post. They were all given to friends when I liquidated my collection.

Shoe Wood Art Rectangle Human leg
Ruler Office ruler Wood Gesture Font
Wood Artifact String instrument accessory Font Pattern
Wood Varnish Hardwood Fashion accessory Wood stain
Natural material Artifact Wood Creative arts Art
Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory Wood

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
2,269 Posts
I've been going through some pictures and I found these three old Metal (Aluminum) core builds. The first one pictured was my first attempt at one. I was happy with it and it was a fun project.
The second one I went a bit more difficult on the cuts ( angles ) of wood. The 3rd was the last one I made. It came out nice but I had a void that needed a palm swell. I
should have incorporated it in the original carve out but I didn't think I needed it. Wrong. I tried to add a piece of Spalted Sweet Gum for the palm swell. It served it's purpose but looked horrible. I'm not as gifted a craftsman as some of the people on here (and there's more then a few), but I do my best and it's all kind of fun. The best part for me with these Metal Core jobs is picking out all the different exotic wood pieces. The Spacers were G-10. The woods used were, Mesquite Burl, Lacewood, Myrtle wood, Mulberry, and Poplar. I don't remember if there was another Burl (love that stuff). That's pretty much it for this post. They were all given to friends when I liquidated my collection.

View attachment 368371 View attachment 368372 View attachment 368373 View attachment 368374 View attachment 368375 View attachment 368377
Who are you kidding! That's great craftsmanship!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts