Slingshots Forum banner

A Couple Single Strand Slings For This Weekend !

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  wll 
#1 ·
I'm setting up two single tube slings to do some light practicing this up coming weekend.

Both are smaller frames but of good quality, the smaller of the two has a single strand of amber 3050, and the other (a gen1 Luck Ring, IMHO the best Luck Ring) has a single strand of Kent 3/32id x 3/64wall x 3/16od.

I'll be shooting primarily 5/16 steel with some 3/8 steel thrown in.

I have a PVC catch using a blanket as a stop and will start out in the 15 yard area and then go longer from there. I really want to smack a soup can 6+ out of 10 times from about 20 yards and want to do away with my left and right problem (although it is getting much better).

Below is a pic of both slings set up and ready to go -----

2%20Single%20Tube%20Slings%20sm.png

wll

See less See more
#8 ·
Here is a pic of the backstop I'll be shooting at. I made this about a million years ago just for a portable backstop when I go out to practice. It is made of 1" PVC and works pretty well. It is not super stable so if the wind is blowing it can be an issue, but in general it is fine. Toweling or ? I picked up at the Salvation Army.

Backstop%20sm.png

wll

#9 ·
Wow the one on the left is really neat. Do you remember where you got it from, do you mind sharing the information? Thanks :)
That little sling is pretty comfortable and a good slinger for lighter stuff ...I don't remember where I got it, it may be an early Dankung but not sure.

The sling on the right is a Luck Ring by Dankung, and that is a very, very well made stainless steel sling, I have a few of them and they are some of my favorites for small carry as they can handle any tubing I can throw at it. I may also add the supper cheap wire slings from china, although not very pretty are as tough as my Daisy F-16 (Stealth Fighter) and will handle anything.

wll

#10 ·
Here is a pic of the backstop I'll be shooting at. I made this about a million years ago just for a portable backstop when I go out to practice. It is made of 1" PVC and works pretty well. It is not super stable so if the wind is blowing it can be an issue, but in general it is fine. Toweling or ? I picked up at the Salvation Army.

Backstop%20sm.png

wll
wll, that is just genius work...on the backstop and bsnd sets.

I believe it was Ray, a.k.a. Kawkan, that sold me on try single tubes for shooting light.

I dig 'em like a hog eats slop.

#11 ·
Well I don't think I'm going out today to the boonies to shoot ... It is snowing pretty heavily here in the AV. ----- It has been 30 minutes since this pic was taken and now the snow is over the curbs and level with my porch.

Snow%20sm.png

wll

#12 ·
So far this 4 day weekend has been a big bust slingshot wise ... could not go out yesterday because it was snowing all day, and today the ground is covered and I can't get to my spot as seen below ... this really S#@KS. The sun is out but I don't think it has the poop to melt the snow to a level I can go on. ....maybe tomorrow ;- )

I'm staying home and working on slingshots !

Snow%20On%20Sling%20Area%20sm.png

wll

#13 ·
It was a cool 32 deg today and the snow as you would expect was still on the ground.

I managed to let some fly using the single tube slings and 5/16" steel and they flew pretty nicely for target or small HOSP/Starling size pest at shorter ranges. Could not make it to my normal spot as it was snowed in, so I shot just off the highway as I was the only person nutty enough to be out in the boondocks when it is 32 deg and snow pilled up everywhere..

I hope tomorrow morning the snow has melted so I can get to my shooting area and let some fly ;- ).

wll

#14 ·
It was a cool 32 deg today and the snow as you would expect was still on the ground.

I managed to let some fly using the single tube slings and 5/16" steel and they flew pretty nicely for target or small HOSP/Starling size pest at shorter ranges. Could not make it to my normal spot as it was snowed in, so I shot just off the highway as I was the only person nutty enough to be out in the boondocks when it is 32 deg and snow pilled up everywhere..

I hope tomorrow morning the snow has melted so I can get to my shooting area and let some fly ;- ).

wll
Still to much snow to do anything, shot a bit near the side of the road near an old abandon house, but had to be careful watching out for cars.

Got a couple of shots at Starlings but they were probably 50ish yards, but I did come close ;-) Used my looped 1/6id x 1/16w x 3/16od tubes and pulled them back far ... sent Marbles and 3/8" steel out pretty darn fast.

This snowfall has really messed up my planned slingshot weekend for sure, really wanted to spend time working on my anchor/aiming point to get more consistent, although I'm getting better for sure.

wll

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.