Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Slingshot Forum friends!!
I present a small poacher I've just finished today. When my glorious batch of cork oak harvested in the summer ended, I've decided to go fork hunting again. Last weekend, among other species, I managed to colect 2 forks of wild Quercus suber again. Turned out that one of those forks was a very seasoned one. Lucky me!! I started to work on it right away (I like when I catch a seasoned one: no need to dry too much the wood )
Since the branch was a bit short, I've decided to make a portuguese cypress (Cupressus lusitanica) wood bottom, from a small piece I had, in the handle. Feels nice for a left hand holder like me the natural bent shape of the frame

Hope you like it!!!
Thanks everyone!!
Q

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Another wonderful looking slingshot!

Reactions: Quercusuber

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats a nice shooter for sure.
Thank you very much, Geko!!!!
I've been watching your stuff too ...very nice! I like a lot that video you upload!
Cheers ...Q

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Q-Man is perfect for this portuguese slingshots-maker. It sounds like a logo. Your style is a signature of warranty. Great work, I like the bottom and the craftmanship.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
very cool
Thank you very much, my friends You are too much!!
Dayhiker, Bob, you know I love your work and you two are a great influence to me on this hobby/sport.
Cheers!!
Q

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
The Q-man strikes again. Such simple lines and yet so beautiful. Graceful is more like it. Especially like the natural coloration of the wood as it aged. Thank you for sharing. Maravilhoso trabalho!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Q-man strikes again. Such simple lines and yet so beautiful. Graceful is more like it. Especially like the natural coloration of the wood as it aged. Thank you for sharing. Maravilhoso trabalho!
It is I who thanks your "graceful" comment, my friend!! Greetings to you. How you doin' in your portuguese??
...Obrigado!!

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
It is I who thanks your "graceful" comment, my friend!! Greetings to you. How you doin' in your portuguese??
...Obrigado!!
[/quote]My Brazilian neighbor and friend Gabriel is helping me understand. A beautifully spoken language.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
...Obrigado!!
[/quote]My Brazilian neighbor and friend Gabriel is helping me understand. A beautifully spoken language.
[/quote]

Indeed!!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is one clean beauty!

Love your work!

LGD
It's an honor to receive these nice comments from you guys!!
Thank you very much!!!!
Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Q, I love it! Very good looking quercus there! nice and seasoned, i love the cypress buttcap you placed on the bottom, very nice mate : ) perfect size shooter too!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts