Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting back from SEST I discovered I needed to get organized. And that lead to the discovery that I have a lot of really cool natural forks. I have more treeforks than any other kind. Some from BuckskinDave, DSL, Drew Bilbrey, M. Cornelison, Kawkan, and many others...some I need to finish, too! I may take the next month just to whittle a few out. (Big Ron, Kawkan, Richnewm,...)

I cannot stop shooting the osage mini-fork (6mm) and that Alabama hackberry(8mm).

So I am going to spend some time reminiscing with these...a day or so of just plinking the old school way...then I will decide if fall is for treeforks alone. (It likely is and I am just now finding that out.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I never really gave nattys a fair chance. This thread inspired me to band up the nice oak natty that I recently got and give it a go. Man was I missing out! Got some SS black 7/8 straight and a big pouch on it and with 1/2 steel it lays the smack down on a target! My shooting has improved to the point where I hit my 2" x 2" target more than I miss it and I can say that I shoot this natty just as well as the chalice and SPS that I've been doing so well with lately.

I have a ProShot small HTS listed in the classifieds. If anyone has nattys to trade, give me a shout! I also have a Jahrey G2 I would probably part with.

Gesture Wood Bicycle handlebar Hand tool Nipper

Attachments

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I never really gave nattys a fair chance. This thread inspired me to band up the nice oak natty that I recently got and give it a go. Man was I missing out! Got some SS black 7/8 straight and a big pouch on it and with 1/2 steel it lays the smack down on a target! My shooting has improved to the point where I hit my 2" x 2" target more than I miss it and I can say that I shoot this natty just as well as the chalice and SPS that I've been doing so well with lately.

I have a ProShot small HTS listed in the classifieds. If anyone has nattys to trade, give me a shout! I also have a Jahrey G2 I would probably part with.

attachicon.gif
muznatty.jpeg
It's funny StringSlap. all those colorful shiny slingshot frames are so pretty and well made that we are drawn to them. They certainly look nicer in pictures.

But almost everyone I show my frames to are mostly grabbing the wooden ones and ogling them. It's hard to match Mother Nature

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I mean every time I let new people into my tool bag of flips...They take out DSL & Buckskin Dave's natties. So I banded them up light weight...and man, yesterday, I shot til I could not.

So fun! and ridiculously good looking.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

attachicon.gif
muznatty.jpeg
It's funny StringSlap. all those colorful shiny slingshot frames are so pretty and well made that we are drawn to them. They certainly look nicer in pictures.

But almost everyone I show my frames to are mostly grabbing the wooden ones and ogling them. It's hard to match Mother Nature
Yeah DSL, I think it has something to do with that little primitive nugget that lies within us all. Guys and gals like us, that nugget is a little closer to the surface. People tend to not like to be hot and stare at bright lights, but we will sit in front of a campfire and stare at it for hours at a time. I truly believe certain things trigger the ancient DNA buried deep within us and brings out the caveman in us all. Fire and sticks, where it all began!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts