Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was a good topic and I'd like to hear some of your stories.

I was just emailing Rayshot not more than 5-10 mins ago and explaining him how I started shooting, followed by my son and now my wife. We all have such diverse interests, lead busy lives and share opposite hobbies but we have found something that we can do as a family. My wife who watched us all summer shoot and thought we were nuts and called me a "a big kid" got hooked 3 weeks ago. With her custom ergo that I made for her, she's been doing very good. But the point I'm trying to make is that this sport has brought us closer together as a family and is something we look forward to in the evenings. The fun we have together as a family is something so unique.

So as I told Ray, God works in mysterious ways. Amazing.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Hopefully Tex will chime in.

If I remember his wife was a top notch shooter and they did tournaments together. Although, if it was his wife and I can quote close enough... His wife said, "if he cracked his skull open by accident, slingshots would fall out."

Or was that Gary, Flatband's wife?

·
Registered
410 Posts
though i am a fairly new to slingshots, i am definitely hooked and we as a family are all already Traditional archers.. when i ordered my slingshot, i ordered 2 for my boys as well... they took to it really quick and are loving it... the misses, who is a crack shot with a bow, is eager to start shooting slingshots too..

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
LOL you should see my parents, they wouldn't be able to hit a coke can from 10 yards if you gave them a bolt-action .22!

·
Registered
33 Posts
So as I told Ray, God works in mysterious ways. Amazing.
That's awesome Peresh!! I agree 100%!!!

My wife is starting to eye my slingshots!! Maybe I need to give her my Cougar that's coming in the mail.

My 3.5 year old son was just shooting some paper balls with his slingshot about 10 minutes ago! I can't believe he can load the pouch himself!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just today, my 21 year old son came over to visit. My wife drug out the old Marksman3040 that she has adopted that I never shoot anymore. My son ran back to his car and retrieved his dankung Jungle Hunter II. I gave that to him maybe two weeks ago, and I was quite happy to see that he was keeping it in his gear bag in the car for spur of the moment shooting. I guess he liked the little gift. :) I of course ran inside and pulled out my PS-2 and joined in.

Well, we shot for a good hour or more. I need to go wash off my target flagstone now because it's unrecognizable under all the paint (paintballs) and Gobstopper jawbreaker residue! It's also a little sticky too, because we propped up a peach in front of it. We were having a high speed shootout to see who could nail the peach first,and then, nail it the most. Paintballs color those peaches nicely, while Gobstoppers embed themselves very well. I didn't pull out any steel or lead ammo with that piece of flagstone as our main target block behind the peach. We'll do that ammo another day with a more appropriate backstop. The dang squirrels are always eating our peaches, but even they wouldn't have wanted this one when we were finished with it. We pulled a second peach to shoot at, but then the wife put the kabosh on any more saying "Quit destroying my peaches!" So next we ran farther back in the yard and were shooting from a good 30 or 40 yards in another competition to see who could hit first/most from longer range.

It was one of the more fun days we've had in a long while. Too bad our daughters college is out of town, I know she would have loved to be in on this shooting match too.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Great post Peresh!!!! This is the kind of thing I love to hear!!!
Slingshots have always been a fun activity for my family and I. You guys know my wife (peashootergirl) loves to shoot, as do both my sons. I agree God does work in mysterious ways.... slingshot shooting can be good for a family!!!
Perry ~ A+

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I try to get my dad to shoot, he says no because I only have butterfly bands and we dosent want to hurt himself
my brother has my old cougar but he dosent like to shoot much . So it's me and Devan

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Well my girlfriend has comendeered 3 of my naturals so far, and she has a blast shooting them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
my father,my wife and my children all love slingshots.

our slingshots include 3 Dankung and one marksman and one wood fork.

We already set up a family 'Guinness' record which is recorded on a board.

Every weekend there are some challenges , full of funs...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.