Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing extra special but... I Like em!

Skitty Claw

I tested this one with a set of TexShooters bands...omg oh so sweet!
The ones below are in progress and are most likely heading to 'Sconsin
Scalloped Skit

A Lil Handful of Skit

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a cool looking design! the bottom three
Thanks RayShot- it's a "modified borrowed" design. I saw Geko and Torsten (9gramm too?) in the vids and felt inspired. Top half from one design, bottom from Geko's "My Favorite..." but shrunk down to fit the top. Drew out what I thought it should look/feel like, cut out and kept cutting the card stock pattern down until it felt right. The Lil Handful is cut right out of a SkittyClaw oddly enough.

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Pretty cool Rick! I'm also liking the smaller frames of late. Love the way the bottom of the handle trails off! Cool! Flatband

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Very cool shooters!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I really like the first one! Would that be a flipstyle or hammergripstyle?
It looks like the image that pop up in my head when someone says "slingshot", is that a boardcut or a natural? I can't seem to make it out!
Well NICE job!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the first one! Would that be a flipstyle or hammergripstyle?
It looks like the image that pop up in my head when someone says "slingshot", is that a boardcut or a natural? I can't seem to make it out!
Well NICE job!
TY JuliusJ. Double click the pic, it should embigganate (if not pm your email addy and I'll supply you with better pics) . It's a very straight forward board cut design - a classic, if you will. It can be either way - I've tried it both flip and hammer. I'm locked on flip style. For a hammergrip I'd prefer shorter yet on the fork length. Actually even though it isn't a fancy design...it's turned out as my all time favorite. When reaching into the catty drawer it's my pick of the moment.
A lot can be said for laminated frames, since I'm not a business man- I choose natural wood. For those that have to have the big time advantages of laminations, there are several vendors that supply a superior product at a very reasonable price.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Skit, revisiting this post I am impressed by that top catty too. It is simple, clean, and strong-looking. Every bit as nice as Smitty's recently-posted "Poacher". I like that you can shoot either hammer or flip with it. I try to shoot flip style, but due to arthritis and hand injuries, I tire easily and like to change to a hammer grip -- and anyway, if I am hunting, I want to shoot instinctive/hammer and fast. This is a slingshot that will do it all. Flip for target shooting, hammer for hunting.

. . . Oh, yeah -- and it looks good, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts