Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sun hat Hat Cap Plant Window
Targets' view: rear anchor point...top tip of band as reference to target...eye aligned with band.
Building Hat Sun hat Military camouflage Fedora

Side view of shooter lined up with target.
Military camouflage Hat Camouflage Sun hat Music

The instant of pouch release.
Military camouflage Camouflage Military uniform Window Hat

Ammo out of pouch and just past fork on its' way to target.
Military camouflage Camouflage Hat Cap Military uniform

Holding shooting position as ammo speeds to target for follow through.

This is my attempt to answer the question to make a video on how to aim at a target. It's the best I can do. I couldn't figure out how to do a video showing the shooters perspective while aiming at a target. Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey smitty the video these stills come from is what i use daily to learn how to shoot a slingshot thanks for sharing your know how

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Nice pictures Smitty, I guess some got it and some dont, I tried this side action aiming thing and I knocked the snot out of my hand and I think I just might lose that nail. Ouch!

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I probably look like I'm self promoting, but I'm the only one here to use for pictures. I'm just doing my best to try and help others by showing them how I do something. I'm not saying my way is best or the only option, but it works for me. I started visiting slingshot forums to learn more and a few of the members went out of their way to help me. I want to be one of those members who's willing to share with others.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Smitty I have seen your video and it is very well done very informative. Appreciate you sharing. I cant seem to branch out and develope that aiming pin point accuracy. The desire is there but my hand and fingers seem to be getting in the way of a straight line shot. Thanks for trying to teach one of the unteachables.

·
2,153 Posts
I'd like it if others would post pictures or stills from a video showing how they do their slingshot thing. Joerg and Tex are the ones I have got to watch so far...and Mel from his video...and a few from Geko. I've learned something from each one. Geko taught me I don't want to try shooting bands without a frame like he has in one of his videos. Ha Ha !
There is so much to learn about something so simple as a slingshot! The answer is acquired only through practice and only through practice will we find the question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts