Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basics of Slingshot Shooting 0 05 53-20.jpg
Targets' view: rear anchor point...top tip of band as reference to target...eye aligned with band.
Basics of Slingshot Shooting 0 05 27-24.jpg

Side view of shooter lined up with target.
Basics of Slingshot Shooting 0 12 48-27.jpg

The instant of pouch release.
Basics of Slingshot Shooting 0 13 06-09.jpg

Ammo out of pouch and just past fork on its' way to target.
Basics of Slingshot Shooting 0 12 00-01.jpg

Holding shooting position as ammo speeds to target for follow through.

This is my attempt to answer the question to make a video on how to aim at a target. It's the best I can do. I couldn't figure out how to do a video showing the shooters perspective while aiming at a target. Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey smitty the video these stills come from is what i use daily to learn how to shoot a slingshot thanks for sharing your know how

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Nice pictures Smitty, I guess some got it and some dont, I tried this side action aiming thing and I knocked the snot out of my hand and I think I just might lose that nail. Ouch!

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I probably look like I'm self promoting, but I'm the only one here to use for pictures. I'm just doing my best to try and help others by showing them how I do something. I'm not saying my way is best or the only option, but it works for me. I started visiting slingshot forums to learn more and a few of the members went out of their way to help me. I want to be one of those members who's willing to share with others.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Smitty I have seen your video and it is very well done very informative. Appreciate you sharing. I cant seem to branch out and develope that aiming pin point accuracy. The desire is there but my hand and fingers seem to be getting in the way of a straight line shot. Thanks for trying to teach one of the unteachables.

·
2,153 Posts
I'd like it if others would post pictures or stills from a video showing how they do their slingshot thing. Joerg and Tex are the ones I have got to watch so far...and Mel from his video...and a few from Geko. I've learned something from each one. Geko taught me I don't want to try shooting bands without a frame like he has in one of his videos. Ha Ha !
There is so much to learn about something so simple as a slingshot! The answer is acquired only through practice and only through practice will we find the question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts