Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all thank you all for your positive and very interesting replies to my top three slingshot picks.???????? I received an extra bonus from CJW???? He gave me his phone number and asked if I would call him. I did and boy am I ever glad I did. He gave me some pointers on a couple of things Im positive will improve my imperfections in slingshots. Thank You CJW. Now on to a subject that I hope will be taken with the utmost respect for all. I believe if a person sells a certain product he truly has his customers best interest in mind???? I’m mainly referring to slingshot related products. My three that I referred to are prime examples of what Im referring to. I found out something from CJW as to why he shoots one style of slingshot over the other, and it was exactly why I shoot one style over the other???? it has nothing to do with anything negative???????? in all my years of working with the public, I learned that if someone bashes another competitor or product, there is almost always a reason they would rather not tell. There were two auto parts store in a town of approximately 4,000 people???? when a customer would come in and ask for a part, and the bash the other store we knew they probably owed them money???? They would then ask if they could set up a charge account???? I would ask a couple of questions, then tell them I would check their credit???? In those days our bank was the only credit rating???? I was fishing buddies with the other store owner???? so I would call him???????????? Almost always that poor (literally) person owed the other store money ????????????. I would than apologize to this lying crooked individual, but his credit was just slightly tarnished. Several times we watched this poor soul leave our store and go across the street to the liquor store????????. I listed my three because of their 100% excellent service and over the top quality products, at a fair price. I respect all three of the vendors I listed, not only because of their great products and service, but I believe the products I listed are as good as they get. Now for the part I hope doesn’t get misunderstood???? Bill, Daranda and family are people I whole heartedly respect and am glad for all their help over the past several years❤ Bill over the years has made some amazing contributions to the sport of slingshots, but a couple of slingshots were too big for me to shoot. Bill walks up to me at the MWST????( never met him before) hands me two Small Rangers and a big???? match and tells me to light it???????????????? Bill did not have to do that, but he did???? I don’t knock other vendors products, I just tell what I like about the ones I have.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Like Skrpoi said... I would unintentionally leave someone out.

This forum and it is members have both principles and integrity. Those concepts are often misunderstood... but that is not a new problem. It is a very old problem and I will not expound upon the negative or naysay.

I will just say...

Thank you.

Be well.

I hope to one day to meet many of you.

·
Premium Member
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When my parents had both passed away, I had absolutely no one that would be interested in family heirlooms, so I sold all but one table, that my Mother loved. I promised myself I would not collect anything else, because of being an only child with no one that would have any sentimental attachments to whatever I collected. Well I never in a million years ever thought I would get this attached to sling shots, and the most awesome people Ive ever known. The ones I keep have a story related to them❤ that I will share with Conor, so he will understand why I collected them. Without the story, it’s a slingshot, but with the story it’s wonderful memories❤

1 - 20 of 20 Posts