Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These swan vestas matches really are very very difficult to light see how slowly it ignites when hit. I have uploaded two more video's today but you will have to go to my you tube channel 4030bing to see them one is advertising what i sell and the other is a match strike with advertising content

· Super Genius
328 Posts
great shooting!!
Question: do you have to use "strike anywhere" matches or can you use strike on box matches too? i've never attempted it

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great shooting!!
Question: do you have to use "strike anywhere" matches or can you use strike on box matches too? i've never attempted it
Matches that strike on any surface if it strikes on a brick wall or concrete floor you should be able to do it, if it only strikes on the matchbox it would need the components of both the match head and strike pad together to strike, making it a safety match and not able to light any other way.

· "Crafter"
1,827 Posts
Not that you need any help hawk because that shot was legend but.... would vinegering the steel balls to give a rusty surface cause more friction as the ball passes the match making the shot more achievable consistently?great shooting though.​

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not that you need any help hawk because that shot was legend but.... would vinegering the steel balls to give a rusty surface cause more friction as the ball passes the match making the shot more achievable consistently?great shooting though.​
I did vinegar some once but it did not make any difference although you would think it might help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.