Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bid $6 + $4 shipping on a slingshot auction that was advertized as a plastic slingshot with a fur bag of marbles. I was intrigued with the fur bag and thought the slingshot looked like a Daisy F16. I got it today and it was a Daisy F16 and the Rabbit skin fur bag had almost 1 1/2 pounds of assorted marbles in it. Some of the marbles are old ones, but I have not sorted them yet. I have wanted to see if the F16 would modify easily to shoot flat bands. I turned the handle around and took the tubes that were on it off trimmed them and put them back on to make handle cushions. I left them stick out about 3/4 of a inch to reduce hand slap, even though I don’t have a problem with hand slap the way that I shoot 1/2 steel balls. Here are pictures of the modification and the bag of marbles. When the tubes set tomorrow I will put a band set on it and show another picture of the bands tied on. -- Tex-Shooter

Attachments

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is th F16 with a set of flats attached and ready to shoot! -- Tex-Shooter

Attachments

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already sold the ones rhat were not old. I also sold the fur bag! When you live on SS, you don't keep much very long, if you can turn a profit. About the only thing that I keep is my slingshot collection. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Very nice, I like the tip about leaving some of the tubing sticking out for the prevention of hand slap, it may be very helpful for people with that problem! Cool mod, thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I already sold the ones rhat were not old. I also sold the fur bag! When you live on SS, you don't keep much very long, if you can turn a profit. About the only thing that I keep is my slingshot collection. -- Tex
im a pack rat, i like to keep everything.
[/quote]
I hear you bro, as soon as I manage to clear some space in the house, it gets filled with....STUFF!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.