Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
In a few days I will have 800 of those
You are looking at 171 chances at perfection. 800 marbles is ALOT or marbles!!?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Isn't it better to have much more ammo than you need? I do plan to shoot lots of them at targets of opportunity ????

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice!!! BTW what set-up do you guys use for glass marbles? I shoot them sometimes but they never seem to have a good enough range. I figure it must be friction through the air or something cos it isn't that heavy as a projectile? And the point of impact is usually lower than aimed? Is it just me? What can I do to get the most out of shooting marbles?

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice!!! BTW what set-up do you guys use for glass marbles? I shoot them sometimes but they never seem to have a good enough range. I figure it must be friction through the air or something cos it isn't that heavy as a projectile? And the point of impact is usually lower than aimed? Is it just me? What can I do to get the most out of shooting marbles?
My answer will be the rookie marble shooting answer. I use my 'stock' Scorpion setup from PP and work it out from there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Glass is less dense than steel or lead, so it does loose more speed the further it travels. Your observations are correct, and the reason I don't like it very much. It is the cheapest though, and well suited for shots of opportunity because of the lower cost.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Only shot marbels when i was a kid. Went by a toy store and came back out with 5kg. Ill give it to the boys if i dont like it. :) 1562861423819307380467.jpg
I personally adore cheap ammo ???? It's just that if I am asked to hit a target no matter what, I'll use 9.5mm steel. For general, cheap, plinking fun, marbles are hard to beat though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts