Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the 2001 Summer Nationals, the day practice before the shoot for record started, there were about 6 of us sitting at the table in Kent's kitchen drinking coffee. One of the teenagers that had been out on the range shooting, burst into the door and exclaimed "There is a girl out there shooting and boy can she shoot!" Well we all jumped up and went outside to see who this girl was that could shoot so good. Well when we got outside we did not see a girl on the range, so we ask, where is that girl? and he pointed to my 69 year old wife, however she did not mind be called a girl at all! - Cheers

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish I was into slingshots when you and Nell were shooting!

It would have been something I would be bragging about now, if I had toed the line against you two then!
Thank you KawKan! Well I miss the days, I don't shoot as well now, partly because of my physical condition, but also because I don't have Nell anymore. It is just not as much fun without the love of my life competing with me!

Reactions: KawKan

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
I would like to put out s bit of sagely advice to the young whipper-snappers on the forum .......you should never call a 25 year old woman "ma'am" but it's always OK to call an older woman a "girl" or a 13 year old girl a "young woman".

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would like to put out s bit of sagely advice to the young whipper-snappers on the forum .......you should never call a 25 year old woman "ma'am" but it's always OK to call an older woman a "girl" or a 13 year old girl a "young woman".
Did you learn that by trial and error? :rofl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts