Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you fellows wear a holster on your belt for your slingshot?
Does anyone else fast draw their slingshot or find it viable?
I just wonder if there is any interest in this?
Thats all.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I would love to do it, but because of nerve damage in my left arm I can't practice enough to learn the fast draw well. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
I've seen holster with the handles going into the holster first. Trying to visualize a rig where the bands or tubes are inserted first and then the forks. Handle up, withdraw, and the bands follow out of the holster ready to be grabbed and loaded. Kinda like sticking the catty upside down in your back pocket. Anyone ever tried this?

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen holster with the handles going into the holster first. Trying to visualize a rig where the bands or tubes are inserted first and then the forks. Handle up, withdraw, and the bands follow out of the holster ready to be grabbed and loaded. Kinda like sticking the catty upside down in your back pocket. Anyone ever tried this?
Hello Tnflipper,
Made my own holster to fit The Original Pickle Fork Shooter and the forks are up and since I shoot close to the hand when the OPFS is drawn it is ready to load and shoot.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Saw your video dgui and that is super fast. Forks up is the way to go. I have an old double handcuff carrier I'm gonna play with just to try the forks down. Can never match your talent though. Great shooting.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
I just watched your fast draw video....for about the 4th time. The smooth draw and speed of the load is mind blowing. It reminds me of years ago when I tried to compete in fast draw, watching the top competitors in awe. I rememer all the fun I had and the time I spent at the range practicing. While I will never have the speed and skill you have, I can see that I'm going to have to either get a pickle fork shooter or set up a smaller one of some type and try slingshot fast draw.

Please keep making the great videos. They really are inspiring.

Todd

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
dgui, the more I watch the video the more in awe I am of your quick draw talent. Not only the draw but you seem to never miss, always hitting the target. Kudo's for you man, good stuff.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Bring on the Clint Eastwood movies! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky today? Well, do ya, punk?? FWAP!!
That's a good one and I do consider the slingshot to be a defensive weapon of sorts. And forget about the 21 foot rule that just does not apply.

I'm thinking it may take Dankung to come out with a speed shooter with a holster for Fast Draw then it may catch on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts