Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
After seeing some of my videos where I proof test slingshots... I've had a few people ask if I'd make a sort of "how to" shoot video.

Well here it is. In the video I'm using the new Metal Predator from Hogan Castings. Watch the video, and if you have any suggestions... other than I should wear safety glasses (one of my kids took mine somewhere)... well I'm all "ears".

After you master the concepts of stance, band alignment and a relaxed release, move on to the next level... cutting cards and doing trick shots:

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to do this video Bill.

I thought it was really good. I like the part on aiming. Super important.

I learned a lot.

Maybe some other more experienced shooters can post a video of their
procedures in shooting. Sometimes little things that someone else does
and others don't can make a difference.

Thanks again Bill!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
Nice job Bill. You covered a lot especially the aiming which a lot of people are still unsure of. Thanks Bud! Flatband

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Nice job Bill. You covered a lot especially the aiming which a lot of people are still unsure of. Thanks Bud! Flatband
You're supposed to aim??? I knew I was doing something wrong!!

Great video Bill, well made and very easy to understand I'll give it two thumbs up...

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Great Video Bill -- Tex

·
Registered
73 Posts
great video Bill, thanks for posting, Could you clarify if you close your non dominant eye or have both open?

Thanks

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Really good video Bill, I enjoyed it a lot ! More, more, more !

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
great video Bill, thanks for posting, Could you clarify if you close your non dominant eye or have both open?

Thanks
I keep both eyes open up until about 75 feet... at about 75' I rough sight it up with both eyes, close my nondominant for an instant to make a precise line, then open both and release.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Another good "how to shoot" instructional. Thanks.

One subtlety I noticed in one of your other videos that you explain in this video, what you are doing when you dip your head. Wasn't sure before.

I really appreciate hearing methods of shooting for accuracy. I will take anything I can get to put into my bank of knowledge, to improve.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.