Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chunk of 3 layer walnut/maple laminate 1-1/8" thick. The center is 3/4 maple with two 1/4" black walnut slats covering it. Ive been surfing around and sketching to come up with a design that will really show off the wood. Something with a wide body because I'd like to show off as much of the thin walnut as possible. Any suggestions???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,883 Posts
I have a chunk of 3 layer walnut/maple laminate 1-1/8" thick. The center is 3/4 maple with two 1/4" black walnut slats covering it. Ive been surfing around and sketching to come up with a design that will really show off the wood. Something with a wide body because I'd like to show off as much of the thin walnut as possible. Any suggestions???

How about taking a look in the templates section, maybe one of Bill Hays he has posted, or maybe an R10 ?

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,883 Posts

How about taking a look in the templates section, maybe one of Bill Hays he has posted, or maybe an R10 ?
Duke, here is the link to the R10 by Clever Moniker, that Matt Walt re-did.

https://slingshotforum.com/files/file/210-cm-r10-modified/

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Have a look at Bootman's frames - a Chalice or Lil'Plinker (with slightly wider fork tips) would be awesome. Esp as its quite a chunky piece you have. Maybe consider tapering down slightly towards the fork tips (so you'r around 1/8 thick on the walnut at the tip.

The R10 is also a great frame.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I didn't even know that we had a templates section... Doh!!!

·
Premium Member
11,165 Posts
The Kodiak on Pocket Predator.com go to the gallery section. I tried to post a picture but I couldn’t download the the picture

1 - 6 of 6 Posts