Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one just finished. I had a blank of walnut/birch ply/padauk laying about, so I spiced it up with a little wenge and some of this black stuff I've been calling ebony. If anyone can tell me if there are any other pretty much pitch black woods that this may be, please let me know. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Looks great! Love the colours... ebony is dense and heavy, not certain but African Blackwood I think also has a very dark colour... either way great work..

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Fantastic looking slingshot beautiful choice of woods.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Lovely work. There are several types of ebony but for pure blackness then African Blackwood. It's very hard...almost like carving glass..... though I suppose power tools would speed it up. No need for oil or varnish..just buff it up like a metal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like the way you shaped that top lam by the waist instead of the usual fade one into the other, very original.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Very nice indeed! -- Tex

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
The colors are so warm and unusual. Charming. Nicely designed shooter, too. Great job, as usual, quarterman!

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the kind feedback guys. Keeps me going one to the next, I need a break from building or I'll completely forget how to shoot!

Looks great! Love the colours... ebony is dense and heavy, not certain but African Blackwood I think also has a very dark colour... either way great work..
I'll have to look into this African Blackwood, that very well could be it, I just picked up a nice(but fairly small) chunk of this stuff out of a scrap bin($2- score!)

·
Registered
432 Posts
o my QIMN, that is drop dead gorgeous! probably one of the best looking 'homemade' slingshots I have seen since I have joined the forum. People (at least me) would pay good money for work like that!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
I'm STUNNED!!!!! What a huge job! Can't describe on few words. Bravo!!!

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
I wish I had a quarter in my nose..... So very fine, little furry woodland creature.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts