Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Slingshotforum friends!!
I present a work that i've made last August during my Summer vacations. A slingshot made of cork oak wood, with almost poacher characteristics (small size and small shooting range). It has a raw cork bottom cap in the handle. This fork (and piece of natural cork) was harvested in the region of Beira-Baixa, home of the finest cork oaks of Portugal!!
Enjoy!!
Q

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Oak is the best in my opinion. It's just beautiful. Never seen an ugly oak tree.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Q, once again a superp slingshot from you !!
The finish is so nice, so shiny

Greets to you and good shot !! Mr.Teh
Thank you so much for you comments, my friends!!! Cork oak wood is in fact one of the best raw woods that i can harvest in the portuguese forests
Cheers everyone!!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wonderful looking fork Q! That thing has wonderful symmetry and your fork ties and bands are so neat and cleanly tied. The total package!
Well my friend, you flatter me
Thanks very much for your comment. In fact, is a very symmetric fork and it's very accurate. Now, I have change the bands for some 107's, because the blue ones in the photo were a little bit wearied out. Cheers Master of Laminates!!

Reactions: Btoon84

·
Registered
52 Posts
Whoa. I have a love of all woods and natural materials in projects. Your use of cork in this sling is nothing short of genius! It accents the piece perfectly and makes a great slingshot, awesome. Remnicent of the cork handles on fine fishing rods. Wish I thought of it! Thank you for sharing. You should be very proud of this one. Hop

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I do not know because they carried my answer, but I said that muco megusta balance in your work my dear "Cork oak" lol!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
One of my favorites from you! Really nice.

Reactions: Quercusuber

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whoa. I have a love of all woods and natural materials in projects. Your use of cork in this sling is nothing short of genius! It accents the piece perfectly and makes a great slingshot, awesome. Remnicent of the cork handles on fine fishing rods. Wish I thought of it! Thank you for sharing. You should be very proud of this one. Hop
Thank you very much Hopsturgeon
Yes, it has already 2 fork hits and i'm still proud of her
Cheers!!!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
one of the nicest slingshots ive ever seen!
Thank you so much for your feedback my friends!!! Your words always encourage me to do better...I must say that the slingshot has already received 2 fork hits. They are not too big, but it almost broke my heart when i've heard that marble-against-wood pop sound (better give up on those long 107's)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts