Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Slingshot Forum friends!!!

Here's my latest natural slingshot, carved out from a wild olive wood fork (Olea europaea) and finished with linseed oil and natural beeswax. The blades on the pictures were given to me as part of a trade by my friend, master forger and knifemaker Miguel Laranjeira. Here is his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/belzeboocrafts and his blogspot http://belzeboocrafts.blogspot.com/2019/

These are really awesome blades, sharp as a blade can get. I've been using the bigger one on the pictures for my carvings and it has been great to work with such a quality knife. Besides these latest ones, I have also two spoon carving knifes (with the curved blade) from Miguel. They're fantastic and they carve very well through every type of wood, although they're not my most used. He's a fine metal artisan and an excellent guy to deal with (I think I've pass to him the slingshot addiction. Let us see :D )

Thanks for watching!!

Best regards ...Q

Wood Natural material Tool Kitchen utensil Tableware
Hand tool Stonemason's hammer Axe Wood Tool
Wood Flooring Trunk Pattern Hardwood
Wood Plant Grass Natural material Hardwood
Wood Plant Tree Natural material Trunk
Table Wood Natural material Plant Tool
Wood Plant Knife Blade Clock

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Wow! Q, you have made some things to be sure. No slinger should be without a good carving blade... and now you have 2. That olive flip is sweet.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! Q, you have made some things to be sure. No slinger should be without a good carving blade... and now you have 2. That olive flip is sweet.
Thanks a lot, sir, for your feedback!!!

The sharpness of these two is amazing!! The smaller one is going to be real handy when fitted with an handle.

I'm glad you've liked it!!

Cheers ...Q

Nice work, I always enjoy your design :)
Thank you so much, Sharker!!

Your feedback is always important.

This one is a simple but effective shooter. Already try it, with great results.

Best regards ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the curves on that one Q ! I like the knives too, they look fun to work with.
Many thanks for your feedback, my friend!!!

These knives are tops!! Great material indeed. Can't wait to figure out an handle for the smaller one.

Cheers ...Q

Your frames leave my awestruck every time Q!!
Oh sir!!! THANK YOU so much for such a nice reply!!!

I'm glad you've liked it, my friend!!! You're very kind.

Best regards ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't ever really explain it. Your frames look very soft and inviting to touch with nothing ever sharp. Except those blades!! Congratulations on those.
Awesome work as always my friend.
Oh sir!!! You comments are always so kind and nice to read. Thank you so much for your generous feedback!!!

What can I say about your statement? Well, takes a bit of time and a great deal of sandpaper!! One of the most gratifying parts of my hobby is to see a shape in wood be brought to life by the work of sandpaper. Best regards ...Q

You sir are a true artist! Love the blades as well.
My friend, THANK YOU so much for your kind reply!!!!

I'm glad I can be of any inspiration for some of my hobbyist colleagues.

Best regards ....Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very handsome fork and very good friendship!
Thank you so much for your reply!!!

Although I don't know yet this friend in the flesh, I hope to meet him very soon.

It would be ridiculous otherwise, since we live in the same country!! :D

Cheers ...Q

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Nice to see you are still at it, Master Q.... I am getting ready to start making again. I am going to start with a few knives, then maybe more slingshots if I can get out into the woods.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Hello Slingshot Forum friends!!!

Here's my latest natural slingshot, carved out from a wild olive wood fork (Olea europaea) and finished with linseed oil and natural beeswax. The blades on the pictures were given to me as part of a trade by my friend, master forger and knifemaker Miguel Laranjeira. Here is his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/belzeboocrafts and his blogspot http://belzeboocrafts.blogspot.com/2019/

These are really awesome blades, sharp as a blade can get. I've been using the bigger one on the pictures for my carvings and it has been great to work with such a quality knife. Besides these latest ones, I have also two spoon carving knifes (with the curved blade) from Miguel. They're fantastic and they carve very well through every type of wood, although they're not my most used. He's a fine metal artisan and an excellent guy to deal with (I think I've pass to him the slingshot addiction. Let us see :D )

Thanks for watching!!

Best regards ...Q

attachicon.gif
DSC01932.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC01935.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC01936.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC01937.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC01938.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC01939.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC01940.JPG
I'm eyeballing those knives! Anything that you would change a little if you could?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts