Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few weeks ago Andy (AKM-SLINGSHOTS) kindly sent me this interesting yew's raw antler. At the first it seemed not easy to figure out; it was so asymmetric and with a dark branch enclosed in a fork. But yew is a beautiful wood and I tried to make the best I could. It has come out an unusual little shooter that I named "Yume". I hope you like it. Thank you very much Andy. Thanks for watching. All the best, Bob.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Great job on a beautiful piece of wood. You do have a way of getting the best out of any fork.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Great job on a beautiful piece of wood. You do have a way of getting the best out of any fork.
Couldn't say it any better, great job!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Andy- You sent it to the right guy...if anyone can coax beauty from a fork, it is Mr. Fionda.

Great job Roberto!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hello
That dark scar is awesome

Do you know what kind of yew is it?
I have some european yew (taxus baccata) in my garden and I was thinking about using it to make a catty but it is a little bit toxic

Any problems during work?
Cheers
Rafał

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
It has that look of laminate by nature, how much better does it get?

Kudos for Andy, sending it to one of the guys who could make the most from it, and my hats off to you for crafting
such a stunning fork!

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello
That dark scar is awesome

Do you know what kind of yew is it?
I have some european yew (taxus baccata) in my garden and I was thinking about using it to make a catty but it is a little bit toxic

Any problems during work?
Cheers
Rafał
Hi mate, I don't know, It should be Taxus Baccata, but I turn the question to Andy who gathered it. I've worked a Taxus Baccata (here's in the pic), I had no problems at all and the wood is beautiful, as you can see. Just wear a protective mask when working.
Thanks for your feedback. Cheers, Bob.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts