Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure hope everyone is having a good day. With all the rain and poor fishing lately I had ample time to build a Halbert (an Island Made design). I added some sexy curves and an aluminum core. It shoots with a totally straight wrist and just melts into the hand. Hope y’all like it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,965 Posts
As the Old Mountain Men would say: by golly that there shines! Wagh!!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Joe you rascal... That is a beauty. I can't imagine how you do it. Maybe a jig to press the metal, then a template to match that curve to preshape the wood. Or you could do it maybe like the gunsmiths. Use Prussian blue and just keep cutting the marks away. However you do it, it sure turned out nice.

·
Premium Member
10,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote name="ukj" post="1523050" timestamp="1622121812"]Beautiful!
How did you attach wood to alu core please?
I would guess epoxy?
Flat, and then curve added?
But one would think if done in that order would delam?
Clamped wet in curved shape mold like?
Anyway sure looks great!
ukj[/quote
Glad you like it. It took some years to perfect it but each part is made to fit. The scales start out 1" thick. Then everything is epoxied together.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Joe you rascal... That is a beauty. I can't imagine how you do it. Maybe a jig to press the metal, then a template to match that curve to preshape the wood. Or you could do it maybe like the gunsmiths. Use Prussian blue and just keep cutting the marks away. However you do it, it sure turned out nice.
Hahahaha, thanks buddy! There are no forms presses or jigs. Just sand one till ya like it then make the other ones to match up. It takes a little patience. lol.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.