Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished this one up. It’s Leopard wood scales, black linen micarta, some thin white fiber spacers and a clear polycarbonate core. Shoots great and looks pretty decent.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nicely done! I'm interested in your choice of polycarbonate for the core. It's certainly light and strong, but I've always had it splinter and even crack on me when I'm cutting it. Could be I tried polycarb that was too thin. It might also be how I tried to cut it. So how thick did you use, and what did you use to cut it? Thanks, and again, very well done!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just to field a couple of questions, I used a 3/4” Forstner bit for the plug holes. The polycarbonate and micarta are 1/8”, in order to keep the polycarbonate from splintering, I glue up everything first and then cut and sand.
That makes sense to reduce splintering. I'll have to see if I have any polycarb laying around and give that a try.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.