Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,722 Posts
The sps patent in my opinion was over reach
I do hold 1 patent so I know it’s process. It’s an expensive pain in the butt that doesn’t protect me from anything really.
There are 2 ways people use patents:
You can put your idea into production.
Or: you can hold it till someone else gets the same idea and puts it into production. Then you collect your $ in court.
It’s a really screwed up thing but it’s the American way these days it seems. I paid 300$ just for my attorney to do a search. So if you have an idea worth patenting make sure it’s a good one 🤣

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I don't know if you're comfortable with telling us what the patent is, but if you are I'd be interested in knowing what it is.
Bicycle toaster oven 🤞

·
Registered
543 Posts
The sps patent in my opinion was over reach
I do hold 1 patent so I know it’s process. It’s an expensive pain in the butt that doesn’t protect me from anything really.
There are 2 ways people use patents:
You can put your idea into production.
Or: you can hold it till someone else gets the same idea and puts it into production. Then you collect your $ in court.
It’s a really screwed up thing but it’s the American way these days it seems. I paid 300$ just for my attorney to do a search. So if you have an idea worth patenting make sure it’s a good one 🤣
You are quite correct about the patents sir. Most patents nowadays are called submarine patents. Intended to trap other companies that start production and then someone hits them with a patent infringement lawsuit. So they pay up to avoid the lawsuit.
I was granted quite a number of patents when working for a big construction equipment company and while they look nice on the resume, they are all assigned to the company so there is no money in royalties.
When it comes to design, shapes are somewhat generic and they tend to converge. Look at airliners. Hard to tell a Boeing from an Airbus by the shape.
IMHO - Go with a shape you like, eye balled from a production frame if thats what you like and then go to town on the materials and finish. Makes it very personal for you.
And if you are selling them, you'll want to carve out your own unique niche anyway........
My 2 cents worth........

·
Registered
543 Posts
Heute habe ich mich mal an eine slingshot mit den Spanngurten gemacht, hier ist sie.....

Today I did a slingshot with the straps, here it is.....
View attachment 374545
View attachment 374543
View attachment 374544
View attachment 374542
Es funktioniert, aber wie lange die Bänder halten muss ich noch testen.

It works, but I have yet to test how long the tapes will last.
Nice!
Just noticed today that my son has a couple of ball caps with the strap adjuster very much the same. They are only about 14 mm wide so only good for small bands but they were nice and small.
Great idea sir!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nett!
Ich habe heute gerade bemerkt, dass mein Sohn ein paar Ballkappen hat, bei denen der Gurtversteller sehr ähnlich ist. Sie sind nur etwa 14 mm breit, also nur gut für kleine Bands, aber sie waren schön klein.
Tolle Idee, Herr!
[/ZITIEREN]
Danke.
Die Spanngurte die ich benutzt habe sind eigentlich zur Befestigung für Fahrräder an einem Träger für Autos gedacht. Sie sind genau 20mm.
Natürlich ist es nur Spielerei, aber es macht viel Spaß 😁.

Thanks.
The ratchet straps I used are actually meant to attach bikes to a car rack. They are exactly 20mm.

Of course it's just a gimmick, but it's a lot of fun 😁.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Gzk does a couple of with clips like this I'm sure and on Ali express aswell im sure you can just buy like the forks with the clips in theses pics like so you can then put them on your own handle 🎯👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ja das ist richtig aber du kannst damit nicht deine Bandlänge einstellen ohne die Bänder zu kürzen

Yes, that's right, but you can't use it to adjust your strap length without shortening the straps

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Ja das ist richtig aber du kannst damit nicht deine Bandlänge einstellen ohne die Bänder zu kürzen

Yes, that's right, but you can't use it to adjust your strap length without shortening the straps
Yeah but buying a already made set like above which is the price of a Starbucks then only having to make a slit in the underside of the fork (A) or the back of the fork (B) for your band to allow for excess band for adjusting would be a better option to see if it would be worth it 🤷🎯👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊 just a thought

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ich verstehe was Du meinst und es ist ein guter Gedanke aber meine Herangehensweise war eine andere.
Leider dauert die Lieferung aus China immer so lange und ich kann leider nicht zu lange warten wenn ich etwas umsetzen möchte^^.

I see what you mean and it's a good thought, but my approach was different.

Unfortunately, the delivery from China always takes so long and unfortunately I can't wait too long if I want to implement something ^^.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Ich verstehe was Du meinst und es ist ein guter Gedanke aber meine Herangehensweise war eine andere.
Leider dauert die Lieferung aus China immer so lange und ich kann leider nicht zu lange warten wenn ich etwas umsetzen möchte^^.

I see what you mean and it's a good thought, but my approach was different.

Unfortunately, the delivery from China always takes so long and unfortunately I can't wait too long if I want to implement something ^^.
No worries just thought I would mention it. Takes about 10 to 14 days for us in Scotland to get aliexpress stuff like we are kinda lucky all round with shipping and stuff. 🎯👍👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

·
Registered
95 Posts
No worries just thought I would mention it. Takes about 10 to 14 days for us in Scotland to get aliexpress stuff like we are kinda lucky all round with shipping and stuff. 🎯👍👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Brhumbus the Terrible Idee der Bandbefestigung brachte mich auf meine Umsetzung, aber deine Überlegung ist auf jedenfall auf meiner too do Liste 🤔😁👍

Brhumbu's the Terrible idea of the band attachment got me thinking about my implementation, but your idea is definitely on my too do list 🤔😁👍

41 - 58 of 58 Posts