Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....Well maybe 1/1000!
Anyway, so I've filled an eight pint plastic milk jug with water, I was planning to shoot the broad side in the middle from ~10 yards to test the penetration of a variety of different calibres of ammunition with varying ballistic coefficients. Anyway so I take my first shot with 1/2" steel and the lid comes spinning off, rises up and flies 5 yards like a Frisbee!

Unfortunately I didn't catch this on film, but I doubt I'd be able to recreate it again. Oddly neither the bottle or cap itself were damaged.

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Ivan Glenn used to shoot tops off of plastic bottles for an exhibition shot, but I never saw one spin as you described. Thanks for sharing. -- Tex

·
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ivan Glenn used to shoot tops off of plastic bottles for an exhibition shot, but I never saw one spin as you described. Thanks for sharing. -- Tex
It really was bizarre, especially when you consider the surface of a 2000 grade ball-bearing...

·
Registered
151 Posts
well we all have had the moment when we just wished we caught it on film

i once leaped to recover an out of bounds ball before it hit the ground when i was playing basketball
pushed it back way to high and hard
and accidentally made the game point
i wish i saw it happen because my back was to the basket

·
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well we all have had the moment when we just wished we caught it on film

i once leaped to recover an out of bounds ball before it hit the ground when i was playing basketball
pushed it back way to high and hard
and accidentally made the game point
i wish i saw it happed because my back was to the basket
Cool.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
One time when I was really little my sister and I were participating in a 3d archery shoot. At one of the targets she missed and hit a tree. The arrow bounced off the tree right into the foam deers 10 point ring (the highest score at the time). It was awesome.

·
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One time when I was really little my sister and I were participating in a 3d archery shoot. At one of the targets she missed and hit a tree. The arrow bounced off the tree right into the foam deers 10 point ring (the highest score at the time). It was awesome.
That must have been pretty awesome. Did it count?

·
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today I hit a similar milk carton (empty this time,) off of a bench from 10m, it fell and landed on the floor with the cap facing me, I shot at the cap and put a hole straight through the middle!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.