Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been doing a sort of my slingshot items and came across a PFS frame that I must have put to one side after one to many fork hits. I want to give it another go and was wondering if anyone has ever put tabs onto their PFS with tubes and if this helped alleviate fork hits.

Reactions: MakoPat and Tag

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think it helps. Especially if the tabs are thick and stiff. I think it lifts the shot away from the forks a bit.

Reactions: MakoPat and Tag

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Twist and tweak every shot. Try to practice with soft larger ammo first and then go from there.

Sling On to a new year!
I prefer to shoot gangsta. As far as I understand it, I should turn my slingshot 90 degrees and tweak the pouch.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's tough to get a good tweak shooting gangster without a long draw and floating anchor.

Reactions: MakoPat

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
I have done a little pfs slingin'. I draw to cheek with short bands and twist N tweak... but occasionally mess my release and get a forkhit.
Thick old belt tabs have pretty much ended the hits and save my bands a bit.

But I mostly shoot flats.

I have lately gone to chunky little gappers and love 'em. Ain't no bigger and no fork hits and I sling bigger balls. But I have too many special pfs's to leave them behind.

I will look for some pics and try some tabs N tubes. I also want to make aluminium bean ammo for pfs training. Anyone got any?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's tough to get a good tweak shooting gangster without a long draw and floating anchor.
So I'd be best to start traditional upright and twist and tweak the pouch?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Maybe, or keep it sideways and draw back over your shoulder.

This is the best picture I can get of how I tweak when I'm shooting sideways and anchoring at my cheek. I press my thumb nail up against my cheek bone, so my thumb can't move out of the way when I release. It took practice with a wider fork to get this down.

Best for me might not be best for you...

Finger Wood Cable Thumb Wire

Attachments

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Twist and tweak every shot. Try to practice with soft larger ammo first and then go from there.
Sling On to a new year!
I prefer to shoot gangsta. As far as I understand it, I should turn my slingshot 90 degrees and tweak the pouch.
Dannytsg, that is correct and make sure your thumbnail is facing you. I am no expert, but this is what works for me.

Here are a couple of pictures of how I hold the ammo in the pouch with a standard sized type ammo and 3/8 steel. That tweak of the thumb causes the ammo to go over up and over your thumb clearing the top of your slingshot. These pictures are taken of a top view if shooting gangsta.

When I draw, I draw to my right cheek bone. My thumb is bent in a 90 degree angle. The first knuckle of my thumb is bent and resting on my cheek bone.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.