Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,682 Posts
Wow MW, you live in a beautiful area. Must be great having neighbors living more then a foot away from you. Lucky man!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow MW, you live in a beautiful area. Must be great having neighbors living more then a foot away from you. Lucky man!
Thanks Flatband...
Yeah...I love it here...I need my space, and a steady dose of bushwhacking to burn off stress. I used to work out everyday when I was in an urban environment...it just wasn't the same.

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in a pretty small community....everyone knows what's going on with everyone else...

It's common to see people riding dirt bikes, four-wheelers, or side-by-sides right up the middle of our streets....no shirt, no helmet, no shoes...

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Thanks Flatband...
Yeah...I love it here...I need my space, and a steady dose of bushwhacking to burn off stress. I used to work out everyday when I was in an urban environment...it just wasn't the same.

Ha! I've said the same thing....why would I go "work out" in a gym and pay for it, when I can go out my back door for free??!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Flatband...

Ha! I've said the same thing....why would I go "work out" in a gym and pay for it, when I can go out my back door for free??!!
Exactly!
I think I burn more calories just from climbing hills, pushing through the brambles and thorn bushes, walking through snowdrifts, and climbing over or under deadfall, during an afternoon of hunting than I ever did working out hard on an exercise bike and free weights..for a couple hours....and I feel way more relaxed from the fresh air...

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
My wife says that I come back from the woods totally chilled out....in mellow mode...nature is my drug of choice...and I'm always chasing the dragon...lol
You put that perfectly. I don't know what I would do without a place to wander. I used to blaze a bunch of trails but now I catch myself stopping and just trying to take it all in.
Now I know why Daddy liked to still hunt.lol

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree with Flatband - thats a nice area.

Also cool seeing the Barky frame being used as much as you do,
Thanks Matt...The two Clint made me are my go-to shooters...for hunting and target...I ALWAYS have the Cherry wood burl one he made with me at all times....it's my EDC

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My wife says that I come back from the woods totally chilled out....in mellow mode...nature is my drug of choice...and I'm always chasing the dragon...lol
You put that perfectly. I don't know what I would do without a place to wander. I used to blaze a bunch of trails but now I catch myself stopping and just trying to take it all in.
Now I know why Daddy liked to still hunt.lol
So true, Joe...I find myself stopping to smell the roses more often now...I think that's why I took these pics...I enjoy taking everything in and looking at the details...spring is a really awesome time to just go hiking....even though it can be quite muddy from the thaw...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome playground you got there MW! I'm guessing your lil padawan there is pack'n a sling of her own in her shoulder bag like daddy!
Thanks man...and yes she had her sling...I believe it was in her hand though...her clay bb size ammo was in her shoulder bag...she was on a hunt...but she only hunts trees, boulders and the occasional attempt on a pinecone...lol

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Warrior,
Remember me? A while back you provided my daughter and son-in-law some great information about places to visit in Nova Scotia. They had a fantastic vacation. Thank you , again for your help.
Grandpa Pete
Yes, of course I remember....and you are very welcome... I'm glad they had a fantastic vacation...I was honored to help!!!

MW

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Check out where I go moose hunting...this is the most wild place in Nova Scotia...nothing but forest...you could get lost and never be found...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts