Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new PS-1 from A+ and I LOVE it. It really is a compact pocket shooter! I thought it was bigger than it is. I was almost conserend how small it is until I put it in my hand and pulled back the flat-bands. It fits my had perfictly. I don't know how Perry doese it, but it feels like he made it just for me! I like how secure it feels in my hand with that pinkie hole anchoring it. The finish is perfect and it is more attractive in person. It's the perfict size to carry in a pocket, and I can see it will be with me allot!

I ended up getting the laminated hard wood in a dark oak finish, with the "Gold Winner" bands. MAN IT REALLY ZINGS THOSE MARBLES! It also shot the .44 lead balls really well. I think I'm more accurate with the led.

I would defiantly recommend his slingshots! Perry was great to order from and kept me informed about my order. My next A+ will have to be a bamboo PS-1 with black butterfly bands!

Thanks again Parry!

Attachments

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Thank you for your kind words and review my friend!!!!
I look forward to your next order!!!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Can't beat Perry's slingshots. I'm in love with my PS-2. So comfortable I can shoot far longer with it than I can with any of my other slingshots (arthritis).

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Perry,

What is the most popular color and model?
I would have to say (with a quick count) it is a toss up between the PS-1 and the PS-2 sizes (I've made and still make many PS-3's as well) and the most popular stain color hands down is Dark Walnut followed closely by Red Oak, then Early American, Golden Pecan and Natural coming in last.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
I have one of Perry`s pocket shooters.
I like it alot. It is accurate.
Traditional slingshots are my favorite, i.e. with no steel or aluminum machining involved.
Hand made all the way

Pull back, aim, and release. No gizmos with hold back triggers.
Guess maybe like everythig in this time, old world craftmanship is being replaced by machines.
Still, there is a lot to be said for the country craftman.
Tom

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
You guys are too much!!!! Thanks everyone you made my day!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have one of Perry`s pocket shooters.
I like it alot. It is accurate.
Traditional slingshots are my favorite, i.e. with no steel or aluminum machining involved.
Hand made all the way

Pull back, aim, and release. No gizmos with hold back triggers.
Guess maybe like everythig in this time, old world craftmanship is being replaced by machines.
Still, there is a lot to be said for the country craftman.
Tom
I couldn't agree with you more! I shoot archery also. I started out with a compound bow with all the bells and whistles. Fancy drop away rests with an overdraw (they don't use overdraws anymore) and fancy illuminated sites. I noticed that some of the time I spent in the field was fixing and/or adjusting the darn thing! Then I took a step back and started to use a recurve. I shoot instinctive and off the shelf. The only adjustment is the nock. I make my own equipment and I enjoy it so much more! There is nothing like sitting down for a meal with family and friends eating an animal that I harvested with equipment that I made.

On a side note; I was asked why I shoot a slingshot when I have firearms and archery equipment. It's easy. You can't tuck a bow in your back pocket and guns are just not appropriate in some cases....plus it's just great fun!

You and Perry should be proud of the slingshots that you make. They are a unique design and well thought out. You can tell you enjoy making them by the quality of finish product.

·
Registered
381 Posts
On of my first cut out was bought from Pallan. I dented some serious metal with his PS-2. Still have it and use it. My son also bought a PS-1 but with some serious fork hits now, it has been retired. May be I'll sand it down one of these day and get it back into service.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
On of my first cut out was bought from Pallan. I dented some serious metal with his PS-2. Still have it and use it. My son also bought a PS-1 but with some serious fork hits now, it has been retired. May be I'll sand it down one of these day and get it back into service.
Peresh.... If you will take care of the shipping I'd be happy to try repair it for your son.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
The arrival of my first PS-1 was a bit of a wake up moment for me. I had thought I'd this slingshot making figured out and even made the Clone Trooper, a (licensed) PS-1 copy. Then that package arrived and I realised how far behind I was. I still don't feel like making wooden slingshots to avoid drawing a direct comparison.

I've received excellent slingshots since, from Bunnybuster, flatband and others, but none gave me that same kind of 'oh no' moment till Jim's EPS showed up on Saturday. I've since given the original bamboo PS-1 to a good friend and native tracker but despite having a maple on order at the time, I still felt its loss as I handed it over.

I only regret Perry's decision to stop making unreinforced natural wood forks and move to pinned natural woods and laminates. I don't think they need it and next time I order I may make a special request to make it the old way.

I didn't have quite so much luck with the BB shooter. Despite very much wanting to like it, I had trouble gripping it and my flip action wasn't flippy enough so I managed to give it some fork hits, despite it's bieng so compact it more or less disappeared into my small hands. Mind you I didn't hurt myself, as I have done with other slingshots and I think the bandset is top notch.

I admire Perry's willingness to jump with both feet out of his comfort zone, with new bandsets, new fork types and new materials. He combines it with craftsmanship and style and I feel we all could be a bit better if we follow his lead.

He has been so influential that his designs are widely copied by new and experienced makers alike. Sometimes I have to keep referring to his slingshots to make sure my new designs don't come out looking exactly like a PS-1.

I just hope people continue to attribute him as the one who originated/ popularised this distinctive design and buyers should have in the back of their mind that Perry probably does this design better than those who make slingshots in a similar profile.

I just noticed pallan65 is now A+ Slingshots. I'm a bit slow today.

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,272 Posts
I don't think, there is a need to review A+ slingshots further, because it is already PATENT in Slingshot Forum. All knows it's Craftsmanship & Quality. Also keep in mind Perry is not alone, always guided by his BOSS/CEO.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
The arrival of my first PS-1 was a bit of a wake up moment for me. I had thought I'd this slingshot making figured out and even made the Clone Trooper, a (licensed) PS-1 copy. Then that package arrived and I realised how far behind I was. I still don't feel like making wooden slingshots to avoid drawing a direct comparison.

I've received excellent slingshots since, from Bunnybuster, flatband and others, but none gave me that same kind of 'oh no' moment till Jim's EPS showed up on Saturday. I've since given the original bamboo PS-1 to a good friend and native tracker but despite having a maple on order at the time, I still felt its loss as I handed it over.

I only regret Perry's decision to stop making unreinforced natural wood forks and move to pinned natural woods and laminates. I don't think they need it and next time I order I may make a special request to make it the old way.

I didn't have quite so much luck with the BB shooter. Despite very much wanting to like it, I had trouble gripping it and my flip action wasn't flippy enough so I managed to give it some fork hits, despite it's bieng so compact it more or less disappeared into my small hands. Mind you I didn't hurt myself, as I have done with other slingshots and I think the bandset is top notch.

I admire Perry's willingness to jump with both feet out of his comfort zone, with new bandsets, new fork types and new materials. He combines it with craftsmanship and style and I feel we all could be a bit better if we follow his lead.

He has been so influential that his designs are widely copied by new and experienced makers alike. Sometimes I have to keep referring to his slingshots to make sure my new designs don't come out looking exactly like a PS-1.

I just hope people continue to attribute him as the one who originated/ popularised this distinctive design and buyers should have in the back of their mind that Perry probably does this design better than those who make slingshots in a similar profile.

I just noticed pallan65 is now A+ Slingshots. I'm a bit slow today.
Unlike most steel frame shooters (forks), The small pocket shooters, take a more precise
shooting skill. Fork hits will happen when the draw is not symetrical with alignment,
i.e. a square pull and release. It is sad you are not able to master the BB pocket shooter. Others have no problem with them, including myself.
Send it back...and I will gladly reimburse you for the price. I sure dont want you to hurt yourself.
BB
aka. bunnybuster

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.