Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new PS-1 from A+ and I LOVE it. It really is a compact pocket shooter! I thought it was bigger than it is. I was almost conserend how small it is until I put it in my hand and pulled back the flat-bands. It fits my had perfictly. I don't know how Perry doese it, but it feels like he made it just for me! I like how secure it feels in my hand with that pinkie hole anchoring it. The finish is perfect and it is more attractive in person. It's the perfict size to carry in a pocket, and I can see it will be with me allot!

I ended up getting the laminated hard wood in a dark oak finish, with the "Gold Winner" bands. MAN IT REALLY ZINGS THOSE MARBLES! It also shot the .44 lead balls really well. I think I'm more accurate with the led.

I would defiantly recommend his slingshots! Perry was great to order from and kept me informed about my order. My next A+ will have to be a bamboo PS-1 with black butterfly bands!

Thanks again Parry!

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have one of Perry`s pocket shooters.
I like it alot. It is accurate.
Traditional slingshots are my favorite, i.e. with no steel or aluminum machining involved.
Hand made all the way

Pull back, aim, and release. No gizmos with hold back triggers.
Guess maybe like everythig in this time, old world craftmanship is being replaced by machines.
Still, there is a lot to be said for the country craftman.
Tom
I couldn't agree with you more! I shoot archery also. I started out with a compound bow with all the bells and whistles. Fancy drop away rests with an overdraw (they don't use overdraws anymore) and fancy illuminated sites. I noticed that some of the time I spent in the field was fixing and/or adjusting the darn thing! Then I took a step back and started to use a recurve. I shoot instinctive and off the shelf. The only adjustment is the nock. I make my own equipment and I enjoy it so much more! There is nothing like sitting down for a meal with family and friends eating an animal that I harvested with equipment that I made.

On a side note; I was asked why I shoot a slingshot when I have firearms and archery equipment. It's easy. You can't tuck a bow in your back pocket and guns are just not appropriate in some cases....plus it's just great fun!

You and Perry should be proud of the slingshots that you make. They are a unique design and well thought out. You can tell you enjoy making them by the quality of finish product.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey Bunnybuster, ZDP and others, thanks for all the encouragement in your earlier posts ...

Tom, I think ZDP was talking about my Baby "BB" Shooter. It shoots Daisy BB's. There is kind of a trick to shooting it properly even though it is so small and cute!! I don't have any problem shooting my "BB" Shooter but some do. In fact it's one of my favorite slingshots!!! I've been meaning to put out a video "How To" on them and a few other things, but I can't seem to get away from the shop long enough. Maybe one day soon...
... again I do so appreciate everyones great comments about my work!!! This is why I keep on smiling and making slingshots!
I have taken rabbits with the BB pocket shooter.
My hands are bigger than some, and I can wrap around the forks with great control.
Guess some cant.
I think your ergo pocket shooter is more forgiving for smaller hands.
Either way, if you can control the small fork, with powerful bands,you have an accurate, hard hitting slingshot. The smaller fork will concentrate more power to the target.
Practice, practice, and more practice , is key to mastering any slingshot.
When fork hits occur...it is the shooter,
not concentrating on the shot.
Tom

Tom
[/quote]

You have taken bunnies with the BB pocket shooter!?!
Man that is some shot placement! I was thinking of getting one and shooting small split shot out of it until I got my PS-1 and saw how easy it fits in most of my pockets. I guess if I had the BB shooter, I would shoot more because BB"s are so cheep and no one would think you were shooting a real slingshot and take it away.
It looks like a toy.

Small survival packs and "bug out kits" are all the rage lately. A PS-1,2or3 with heavy bands and lead shot doesn't take up much room in a small pack. What a wonderful addition to an emergency survival pack.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quote...."You have taken bunnies with the BB pocket shooter!?!
Man that is some shot placement! I was thinking of getting one and shooting small split shot out of it until I got my PS-1 and saw how easy it fits in most of my pockets. I guess if I had the BB shooter, I would shoot more because BB"s are so cheep and no one would think you were shooting a real slingshot and take it away.
It looks like a toy. "

Wait guys!!!! I believe we have some confusion going on!!!!!! "Bunnybuster" makes some "Pocket Shooter" size slingshots as well, but he is sometimes referred to as his forum name and business names initials "BB" for Bunnybuster.

"BB Pocket Shooter" = Bunnybuster's Pocket Shooter that shoots regular ammo like 3/8" or 1/2" steel or .44 cal. lead. That's what he killed a rabbit with.

"BB" Shooter, as is BABY BB Shooter....from A+ Slingshots (me) is a tiny "BB" shooting slingshot I make that IS ONLY suitable for plinking cans and MAYBE a rat or small bird.
Oops! My bad! Thar makes much more sense!
I would use your BB shooter for mice, grasshoppers, lizards, and anything that would make a PLING sound!
Ya, I have seen Bunny Busters rabbit exploits posted.

Thanks for the clarification, I was beginning to think he was using magic BB's!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.