Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
I don't have any trouble shooting one, I am just not very accurate with one. -- Tex

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Hey Bunnybuster, ZDP and others, thanks for all the encouragement in your earlier posts ...

Tom, I think ZDP was talking about my Baby "BB" Shooter. It shoots Daisy BB's. There is kind of a trick to shooting it properly even though it is so small and cute!! I don't have any problem shooting my "BB" Shooter but some do. In fact it's one of my favorite slingshots!!! I've been meaning to put out a video "How To" on them and a few other things, but I can't seem to get away from the shop long enough. Maybe one day soon...
... again I do so appreciate everyones great comments about my work!!! This is why I keep on smiling and making slingshots!

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Hey Bunnybuster, ZDP and others, thanks for all the encouragement in your earlier posts ...

Tom, I think ZDP was talking about my Baby "BB" Shooter. It shoots Daisy BB's. There is kind of a trick to shooting it properly even though it is so small and cute!! I don't have any problem shooting my "BB" Shooter but some do. In fact it's one of my favorite slingshots!!! I've been meaning to put out a video "How To" on them and a few other things, but I can't seem to get away from the shop long enough. Maybe one day soon...
... again I do so appreciate everyones great comments about my work!!! This is why I keep on smiling and making slingshots!
I have taken rabbits with the BB pocket shooter.
My hands are bigger than some, and I can wrap around the forks with great control.
Guess some cant.
I think your ergo pocket shooter is more forgiving for smaller hands.
Either way, if you can control the small fork, with powerful bands,you have an accurate, hard hitting slingshot. The smaller fork will concentrate more power to the target.
Practice, practice, and more practice , is key to mastering any slingshot.
When fork hits occur...it is the shooter,
not concentrating on the shot.
Tom

Tom

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

I have taken rabbits with the BB pocket shooter.
My hands are bigger than some, and I can wrap around the forks with great control.
Guess some cant.
I think your ergo pocket shooter is more forgiving for smaller hands.
Either way, if you can control the small fork, with powerful bands,you have an accurate, hard hitting slingshot. The smaller fork will concentrate more power to the target.
Practice, practice, and more practice , is key to mastering any slingshot.
When fork hits occur...it is the shooter,
not concentrating on the shot.
Tom

Tom
[/quote]

You have taken bunnies with the BB pocket shooter!?!
Man that is some shot placement! I was thinking of getting one and shooting small split shot out of it until I got my PS-1 and saw how easy it fits in most of my pockets. I guess if I had the BB shooter, I would shoot more because BB"s are so cheep and no one would think you were shooting a real slingshot and take it away.
It looks like a toy.

Small survival packs and "bug out kits" are all the rage lately. A PS-1,2or3 with heavy bands and lead shot doesn't take up much room in a small pack. What a wonderful addition to an emergency survival pack.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Quote...."You have taken bunnies with the BB pocket shooter!?!
Man that is some shot placement! I was thinking of getting one and shooting small split shot out of it until I got my PS-1 and saw how easy it fits in most of my pockets. I guess if I had the BB shooter, I would shoot more because BB"s are so cheep and no one would think you were shooting a real slingshot and take it away.
It looks like a toy. "

Wait guys!!!! I believe we have some confusion going on!!!!!! "Bunnybuster" makes some "Pocket Shooter" size slingshots as well, but he is sometimes referred to as his forum name and business names initials "BB" for Bunnybuster.

"BB Pocket Shooter" = Bunnybuster's Pocket Shooter that shoots regular ammo like 3/8" or 1/2" steel or .44 cal. lead. That's what he killed a rabbit with.

"BB" Shooter, as is BABY BB Shooter....from A+ Slingshots (me) is a tiny "BB" shooting slingshot I make that IS ONLY suitable for plinking cans and MAYBE a rat or small bird.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It looks like a toy. "

Wait guys!!!! I believe we have some confusion going on!!!!!! "Bunnybuster" makes some "Pocket Shooter" size slingshots as well, but he is sometimes referred to as his forum name and business names initials "BB" for Bunnybuster.

"BB Pocket Shooter" = Bunnybuster's Pocket Shooter that shoots regular ammo like 3/8" or 1/2" steel or .44 cal. lead. That's what he killed a rabbit with.

"BB" Shooter, as is BABY BB Shooter....from A+ Slingshots (me) is a tiny "BB" shooting slingshot I make that IS ONLY suitable for plinking cans and MAYBE a rat or small bird.
Oops! My bad! Thar makes much more sense!
I would use your BB shooter for mice, grasshoppers, lizards, and anything that would make a PLING sound!
Ya, I have seen Bunny Busters rabbit exploits posted.

Thanks for the clarification, I was beginning to think he was using magic BB's!

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
It looks like a toy. "

Oops! My bad! Thar makes much more sense!
I would use your BB shooter for mice, grasshoppers, lizards, and anything that would make a PLING sound!
Ya, I have seen Bunny Busters rabbit exploits posted.

Thanks for the clarification, I was beginning to think he was using magic BB's!

[/quote]
A little confusion Yes.
I use a 3/8 (.375) lead ball for rabbits and squirrels. So I should have said...I have taken rabbits with a bunnybuster pocket shooter i.e. (BB).
.375 steel balls work, but have a tendency to pass through with less damage than lead.
Bunnies taste soooo good on the BBQ

BB

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Perry,

I'd take you up on that offer but it's dented in a few place and chunk has come out it. Can you still repair that?
PM me a picture.... but I most likely can.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.