Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Well I finally got a chance to go out and test out the PS-1 I received from A+ Slingshots a couple of days ago... Tropical Storm Hermine is gone and all that remains is the 8+ inches of rain it deposited.

At first impression this PS-1 (#163), felt a bit small to me for my hand size... so I was a little bit puzzled since I thought I had ordered the slightly larger PS-2, checking my email order confirmations, I did indeed order the PS-2... but that's no big deal so long as the slingshot is well made and has a design that enhances accurate shooting... and that is exactly what the PS-1's design does.
The second shot I took with this slingshot I hit the target... a 12 ounce coke can hanging 66 feet away. Out of 25 shots taken at the can I hit it solidly 9 times and grazed it 2 times.
What's amazing is that although this slingshot doesn't really fit me, Perry obviously made it for smaller hands... so it's a bit to small for me maybe the right size for my Wife... yet I was still able to hit 44% of the time in my very first shooting session with it... I can only imagine how I'd do with a PS-2!

The fit and finish on this slingshot is way above average. The Gold winner band set is a good weight for this size and the pouch is second to none... in fact the pouch may be the favorite I've shot with so far.
If I keep this slingshot, I'll probably rough up the finish on the hand, finger and thumb contacting points a little for a better grip, and I might devise a guard of some sort to prevent hand/fingernail slap, which can be pretty significant at times.

Suggestions would be to offer one with a little bit longer handle, and slightly larger pinky hole. Maybe an option of having a thin rubberized grip (rubber grip dip would be fine), plus where the finger and thumb contact/hold not being quite so slick, stippling might do the trick.
Also, both sets of the gold winner bands broke after about shot #100... Keeping in mind my draw due to arm span is fairly long an extra inch added to the band sets might solve it.

All in all I give this slingshot a solid 90 out of a 100... not an A+ but an A none the less. If it were the PS-2 it might have been a higher grade still!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I believe the only difference between the PS-1 and the PS-2 is the fork width. The rest of the slingshot body (i.e., the handle) is the same length. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong!

I love my PS-2. I have medium hands. I was thinking of ordering a PS-1 when I have some more expendable cash. Just so I can have both slingshots! When I got the PS-2, I initially thought it was a little small. But up until that point I had only shot the larger wrist-braced mass produced commercial slingshots. I didn't know what "pocket shooter" size meant. I quickly started loving the smaller size and now I hate the larger wrist-braced slingshots. It only took me a few minutes with the PS-2 to get to this reversal point.

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure if you sent it back he would replace with a ps2 if that is truly what you ordered.
It took a long time to get this one... sending it off, waiting for another to be built etc... to much wait for me. I'll just put this one up in the closet and when my 2 year old son is old enough he can have it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i would bet he would send you a PS-2 free of charge... if you mention it to him and tell him you dont wanna wait to get the right one he is such a nice guy that we would with out a doubt atleast refund your money. just message him and he would fix the problem

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think ya'll understand. I'm not upset or anything... true I would have preferred the PS-2, but I really didn't have a need for it... I'm enjoying trying out a lot of different designs and takes on the "Y". Most I'll probably shoot only a couple of times, some more some less. As I get more slingshots in, I'll post up more reviews because the type of information I'm posting is what I'm actually looking for... "How good does it feel in the hand", "How shootable is it", "Is it intuitive", "How accurate is it, right out of the box"... and most important "are it's design features there to enhance accuracy, or are they there just for show"

The PS-1 I used is nice and I'll give it to my Son... and I'll probably shoot it a few more times too... but if I truly want a shooter that fits me perfectly, I am more than capable of making that myself. Handling a lot of different slingshots only helps me to further shape my own design concepts... and hopefully watching reviews like the ones I plan to continue doing will help others in that regard as well.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Hello Bill ... Well that's a first... Sorry about the size mix up!!! Would you please measure between the forks and let me know. I wondered if i mislabeled it..... But most likely not since it seems so small to you. Guess I should always wear my glasses. I wouldn't hear of leaving this unresolved.... Just know that a PS- 2 will be headed your way no charge, no returns or exchanges needed. Again sorry for the problem.
Perry- A+

Reactions: Sam and NoSugarRob

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Bill ... Well that's a first... Sorry about the size mix up!!! Would you please measure between the forks and let me know. I wondered if i mislabeled it..... But most likely not since it seems so small to you. Guess I should always wear my glasses. I wouldn't hear of leaving this unresolved.... Just know that a PS- 2 will be headed your way no charge, no returns or exchanges needed. Again sorry for the problem.
Perry- A+
That's very generous of you Perry.
When I get the PS-2 I'll review it as well... I'm betting it'll score even better for me.
Again, the PS-1 is very well made... and even though it's slightly smaller than I prefer, I was still able to open it's package, pick it up and shoot at a level most people strive to achieve only after much much practice.... so it is very nice, and I'm sure the PS-2 will be even better (for me).

BTW, the PS-1 I have is just a shade under 2 1/4" between the forks, is 2 7/8" where the finger and thumb contact and is 5" tall.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
That's very generous of you Perry.
No problem Bill... it was my billing error... I found I made the mistake when I sent you the invoice to pay.
All the best,
Perry

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Perry- A+
perry, your such a nice guy. now bill has 2 amazing new shooters
lucky dog^_^

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
OK, now I'm jealous!

·
Resigned
2,845 Posts
Perry- A+
Hows that for customer care ?.... I gave you a reputation point Perry.

·
1,414 Posts
Perry- A+
Hows that for customer care ?.... I gave you a reputation point Perry.
[/quote]
Same!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
BTW if anyone is having problems griping any slingshot with a nice finish..... try GORILLA SNOT before you go to sanding and messing with them.... I sell it for $5 a tin...a little goes a long way. It's not listed yet but it soon will be.... It was made for musicians who had problems with guitar pics, violin bows, etc; it works great and won't damage the finish of your A+ Slingshot!!!
Product description:
"Gorilla Snot is a gripping aid. It has been developed by and for professionals who demand flexibility, functionality, and efficiency in the tools of their trade! A non-gooey, naturally refined tree rosin, Gorilla Snot reacts with your body's natural chemistry and heat output, to retain a steady grip on picks drumsticks, bows, and any other hard to grip instruments!"

·
1,414 Posts
BTW if anyone is having problems griping any slingshot with a nice finish..... try GORILLA SNOT before you go to sanding and messing with them.... I sell it for $5 a tin...a little goes a long way. It's not listed yet but it soon will be.... It was made for musicians who had problems with guitar pics, violin bows, etc; it works great and won't damage the finish of your A+ Slingshot!!!
Product description:
"Gorilla Snot is a gripping aid. It has been developed by and for professionals who demand flexibility, functionality, and efficiency in the tools of their trade! A non-gooey, naturally refined tree rosin, Gorilla Snot reacts with your body's natural chemistry and heat output, to retain a steady grip on picks drumsticks, bows, and any other hard to grip instruments!"
....Nice
. Does it affect the finish?

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Nope....that's why I wrote...."wont' damage the finish"....
Seriously ... it won't or I wouldn't use it. The product has been around a while and is quite proved.

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Product description:
So how do you get the gorilla to blow snot in a jar. Yea Ive herd of this but I use a loose grip when I shoot and if that doesn't work I have a Rosen bag but your right thats some great stuff.

·
1,414 Posts
Nope....that's why I wrote...."wont' damage the finish"....
Seriously ... it won't or I wouldn't use it. The product has been around a while and is quite proved.
No I meant, does it make it appear different? (Not permanently, just while it's applied.)

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now you see.... my pet gorilla's snot is even slicker than the varnish... They MUST be referring to boogers instead!

Just KIDDING!... I know I better write that quickly or some on this board will take it literally and say it was done with a sarcastic tone... it's actually my pet chimp

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.