Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Been waiting for a while now, i was told " the package is in the mail"? k?
you know how it feel's when you are waiting for a package, dont matter your age, you watch for the mailman, and when you see him you stand just out of sight (dont want to look like a kid!) another day another disappointment! kikin rocks and spittin!
its now Friday, there he is the MAILMAN! quick...... hide! he, he, he drops a box at my door.......... be cool, wait until he's next do, be casual.... now! yahahaha, i got it, i got it, and its labeled Bill Hays!

so i casually walk into the living room and sit down with a knife and carefully open the box, wrapped like a vault! i take out the bubble wrap and there shining like jewels are my new ss's. i reach in and start pulling out my presents.
first my Scorpion Sniper
Wood Font Jewellery Tableware Metal

i push around and find my new ring shooter
Vision care Purple Joystick Eye glass accessory Eyewear

so? where's my Seal Sniper? oh there she is!
Eyewear Bicycle part Personal protective equipment Tool Tints and shades

finally the three amigos are home!
Hand tool Tool Bicycle part Scissors Wood

more stuff? hmmmm lets see, i ordered 1 lb of .44 lead, he sent 2 bags, yes! a bag of 3/8's steel yeah buddy! a bag of marbles cool! been looking for some of these, and a smaller bag of extra thera gold band sets, way cool! whats this at the bottom? hmm lets see? curious never seen this model before, didnt order it? better ask Bill?
Plant Bicycle part Red Tool Close-up

after a brief conversation with Mr. Hay's i was informed the extra ss is a prototype Shark. for me.
i rebanded the ss's in some cases to try out my thera black. i originally ordered the ringshot, and the scorpion, plus i sent the sniper for the hell of it.
this is what i received from Bill, just because thats the kind of guy Bill is. extra bands not in photo.
Baby & toddler shoe Cuisine Glove Ingredient Dish

i had such a good feeling, and so many options in front of me it took 2 days to figure out which bands i wanted to try on which sling
thanks Bill

Attachments

· Registered
214 Posts
Are you serious? Unbelievable! I'd be leaving voicemail for my boss - "Yeah, Randy (cough, cough, sniff) I'm feeling really lousy (sniff, cough) think I need to take a couple of days, I mean a week to shake this.... would hate to come to work and make anyone else sick... (coughing fit ends the call)" Shootin' Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you serious? Unbelievable! I'd be leaving voicemail for my boss - "Yeah, Randy (cough, cough, sniff) I'm feeling really lousy (sniff, cough) think I need to take a couple of days, I mean a week to shake this.... would hate to come to work and make anyone else sick... (coughing fit ends the call)" Shootin' Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great! made me laugh................... great idea. thanks Sharky

· Registered
214 Posts
You're laughing because you've at least thought about it. Am I right? You ever describe a car as "looks like it's going fast when it's sitting still"? That seems to fit those shooters. High speed;low drag!

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're laughing because you've at least thought about it. Am I right? You ever describe a car as "looks like it's going fast when it's sitting still"? That seems to fit those shooters. High speed;low drag!
to the first part, yes i have thought about it, i want to say one shoots better than the other, but for now all i can say is wow, high speed low drag works!

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All I can say is WOW!
i am still having trouble deciding which to shoot on every shot
[/quote]

I would love to here what you think about the prototype shark, that caught my eye!
[/quote]thats easy, it is 1/2 balistic G10 (i am guessing) , it seems to be an auto aimer. what i mean by that is that it is so light, thin, has an excellent site picture, very open for quick view. from the first shot it aimed better for me. it could be the tubes on this one, but i really like it, i have only shot maybe 50 shots with it, it is a keeper, plus another thing i like is its thin enough to go in pocket. hope this helps

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
i just sent him the aluminum frame Henry made for him, and the PFS Seawnr5 made for me, he said he will be taking it into the field tomorrow. the texture on the sniper really does help with stability, but the Shark also has the texturing on the sides, the Scorpion fits like a pair of gloves, and the little ring finger shooter is just right, the thing that impresses me most is that there are no sharp edges for discomfort.

· Registered
140 Posts
They look great, and what a nice surprise for you at the end, you're write up of waiting for the mail man had me laughing, i so know what you mean, my wife likes to sit and watch me open parcels and looks for any glimpse of excitement so i normally have to leave it a few day's to seem cool about it lol.

Brilliant write up and photos there mate and hope you enjoy your new toy's/tools.

Andy

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.