Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Here is the latest shooter I've finished, though I have several from before it that I've not posted yet. Haha! I received an aluminum core as a participation prize in a bark on natty contest and here is what I did with it. I had been eyeing a super dead peach natty fork all last summer, so I finally cut it for this build. After a bit of drying, I split the fork with a band saw. I reinforced the dead wood a bit with wood glue. I cut the halves and some blue g10 for spacers in the shape of the core. I got that all glued up, then slimmed the frame down as it was way too thick. After this, I mixed some resin and dyed it blue to fill in the cracks. Next I filled the band grooves with blue chalk dust and epoxy. I got the frame shaped and added some brass pins and tube for a lanyard. Finally, an automotive clear coat was added then dyed blue and a little polishing done and here it is! This was a super fun and challenging build. I hope y'all like it. :) Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's really cool... I enjoyed your process pics. Thanks for sharing. Love your work.
Thanks!
Beautiful and great seeing it's development
Thank you!
Outstanding! Thanks for the progress pics!
Thank you!
Excellent demonstration of the build process.Turned out worth it for sure!
Thank you sir!
Beautiful
Thanks man! Couldn't have done it without ya! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.