Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a laminate pocket shooter that I made for Aaron.
It has an alder center, and the sides are phenolic, resin cloth material.
That stuff is super hard, and tough on tooling.
BB

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Ah, that's clever. What is the laminate? I thought most phenolics were opaque. Anyway, I like the way you used the white core to bring out the translucency. That's craftsmanship.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Oh, I see how it is now...Plain old wood isn't good enough for Aaron, eh? He's gotta go and get all high tech on us, what with all his fancy schmancy resin laminates and whatnot...Pfft!

Very nice! Well done, Tom and congrats, Aaron!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh, I see how it is now...Plain old wood isn't good enough for Aaron, eh? He's gotta go and get all high tech on us, what with all his fancy schmancy resin laminates and whatnot...Pfft!

Very nice! Well done, Tom and congrats, Aaron!
LoL

·
Registered
286 Posts
disclaimer: Contrary to popular belief, Moe Howard was not harmed during the filming of this picture!

·
Registered
88 Posts
If it shoots as good as it looks, and I'm betting it does, then its a keeper. Just wondering Bunnybuster, is that a muskrat pelt the slingshot is displaid on? Almost looks like a very small beaver pelt.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
If it shoots as good as it looks, and I'm betting it does, then its a keeper. Just wondering Bunnybuster, is that a muskrat pelt the slingshot is displaid on? Almost looks like a very small beaver pelt.
Saxon,
Actually it is a beaver hat. I trapped a beaver and then skinned and tanned the hide.
Then , my wife and I made the beaver hat. It is quite warm, and an authentic MM trapper pattern from the
1800s The beaver was a big one...over 40 lbs.
Tom

·
Registered
88 Posts
Saxon,
Actually it is a beaver hat. I trapped a beaver and then skinned and tanned the hide.
Then , my wife and I made the beaver hat. It is quite warm, and an authentic MM trapper pattern from the
1800s The beaver was a big one...over 40 lbs.
Tom
[/quote]

I thought it was beaver. 40 lbs? Blanket Beaver. That is a big one. It sure showed off that slingshot well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts