Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Ah, that's clever. What is the laminate? I thought most phenolics were opaque. Anyway, I like the way you used the white core to bring out the translucency. That's craftsmanship.

·
Super Moderator
7,113 Posts
Really nice work Tom!
Flatband

·
Registered
804 Posts
Oh, I see how it is now...Plain old wood isn't good enough for Aaron, eh? He's gotta go and get all high tech on us, what with all his fancy schmancy resin laminates and whatnot...Pfft!

Very nice! Well done, Tom and congrats, Aaron!

·
Registered
88 Posts
If it shoots as good as it looks, and I'm betting it does, then its a keeper. Just wondering Bunnybuster, is that a muskrat pelt the slingshot is displaid on? Almost looks like a very small beaver pelt.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,479 Posts
If it shoots as good as it looks, and I'm betting it does, then its a keeper. Just wondering Bunnybuster, is that a muskrat pelt the slingshot is displaid on? Almost looks like a very small beaver pelt.
Saxon,
Actually it is a beaver hat. I trapped a beaver and then skinned and tanned the hide.
Then , my wife and I made the beaver hat. It is quite warm, and an authentic MM trapper pattern from the
1800s The beaver was a big one...over 40 lbs.
Tom

·
Registered
88 Posts
Saxon,
Actually it is a beaver hat. I trapped a beaver and then skinned and tanned the hide.
Then , my wife and I made the beaver hat. It is quite warm, and an authentic MM trapper pattern from the
1800s The beaver was a big one...over 40 lbs.
Tom
[/quote]

I thought it was beaver. 40 lbs? Blanket Beaver. That is a big one. It sure showed off that slingshot well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.