Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to put something together for all newcomers to use if they ask the question: Is there a simple pattern? I designed this to be made with the simplest of tools and still be easy to cut out. Although it may not be the prettiest thing to look at it is quite comfortable and shoots well too.

I think this is suitable for any newcomer, boyscout troop, neighborhood kid, etc. heck, i'd like to see someone print off a stack and leave them at a shooting range or something.

Enjoy!

Dan "The Gopher"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and easy, it took me 2 minutes to cut it out with a handsaw.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Nice job Dan!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thats a nice looking design thanks for sharing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gopher
this is such a great idea!!!
I volunteer to CAD these designs so they print to scale on a4 paper[sticker].
Yep the drawing will have all the details about
original designer
revision number
notes and
date of issue

suggestions???

also those who would want to laser cut the designs on metal can go ahead with these files.

hope you concur with this Gopher?

Regards
projectile.

Reactions: ol'school42

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The pdf file should print off to scale but if you want to put it into CAD go right ahead, thanks, Dan.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, although i wanted it to be a nice shooter my main goal was to make a simple design boardcut that could be cut out with the absolute simplest of hand tools so that beginners, boy scouts, whoever, could make a slingshot. Hopefully I accomplished this.

Reactions: ol'school42

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any recommendations as to minium board thickness? I do fall very much into the newbie beginner category but am itching to build rather than buy a new slingshot! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
3/4" plywood would work great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wanted to put something together for all newcomers to use if they ask the question: Is there a simple pattern? I designed this to be made with the simplest of tools and still be easy to cut out. Although it may not be the prettiest thing to look at it is quite comfortable and shoots well too.

I think this is suitable for any newcomer, boyscout troop, neighborhood kid, etc. heck, i'd like to see someone print off a stack and leave them at a shooting range or something.

Enjoy!

Dan "The Gopher"
Just downloaded your PDF. Many Thanks for posting it.
Brand new to the forum. Have to apologize in advance for possible (unwanted) mishaps.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOW! almost 300 downloads of the PDF file, I can't believe it!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.