Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Hello SlingshotForum friends!!

Today I was again outdoors, trying to practice some shooting. The weather was really nasty and changeable, which forced me to give up target shooting (the wind was pretty strong, which make the correct shooting stance very difficult to achieve). Nevertheless, I also took advantage of the scenery to take some overdue photos of some goodies I've received lately.

Back some time ago, I was asked by the member Tony the slinger if I was interested in make a trade with him. Surely, my answer was "yes" and we began immediately arrangements for our trade. Everything happened within the normal time standards for this kind of international parcels, except Tony's side wind up in the Portuguese Customs. An absolute drag! Not only parcels are randomly chosen, but they get to be taxed in the most varied way. I could be paying some few Euros or hundreds! I still don't understand the criteria, and I've picked some dozens of parcels already in my life. Plus, the Customs are located too far from my job, so I had to plan a day to go there on purpose.

Anyway, as are you about to see, it was completely WORTHWILE!!!!

This was the AMAZING stuff I've received from Tony:

Plant Leg Human body Terrestrial plant Wood
Plant Dress Wood Fawn Terrestrial plant
Plant Eye Human body Wood Terrestrial plant
Shoe Wood Grass Font Recreation

An AMAZING PFS (or low fork shooter) in yew wood!!! I've already tried it, but for the pictures, I've taken its bands out. Absolutely GREAT design, with a very simple, plain and effective finish on it (it is very smooth to the touch, a quality that pictures can't tell) Love the burned logo on it!! AWESOME piece!!!

Plus, Mr. Tony sent me some very useful and high-quality SuperSure pouches, which it is almost impossible to me to purchase here. They're gonna be put to the test real soon!!

Last, but not least, a SURPRISE raw fork of yew wood!! Oh boy!!! Sounds like he's begging to be carved :D

For all of this, THANK YOU SO MUCH, Tony!!

Also, another Forum member and Facebook friend sent me some time ago these two JEWELS from Mr. Chepo, the Mexican master of resorteras!!! Believe it or not, I didn't have one of Chepo slingshots before!!!

He was very, very kind!!! I've received the parcel WITHOUT BEING TOLD BEFOREHAND. It was a total SURPRISE!!! (I shall not disclose his identity for now, not until I ask his permission to do so) Naturally, some stuff from Portugal will be on its way, one of these days ;)

I will not elaborate further on Chepo's work, which is known to you all, slingshot fans! These are the pictures:

Nature Wood Musical instrument Grass Natural material
Hand tool Pruning shears Wood Plant Tool
Plant Wood Terrestrial plant Trunk Hand tool

Hope you folks liked it!!! THANKS again to my friends!!!

Q

Plant Natural landscape Bedrock Landscape Groundcover

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Oh my, Q!

Chepo and Tony do fine work. I say that is a Gapper that needs to be shot like a pfs. It is a beauty.

And Chepo es una chido wey y maestro de los resorteras.

The se works went to a fine maker and shooter...they deserve a loving home. I love your country's beauty.

And a few words about customs- it is a nystery to us all.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my, Q!

Chepo and Tony do fine work. I say that is a Gapper that needs to be shot like a pfs. It is a beauty.

And Chepo es una chido wey y maestro de los resorteras.

The se works went to a fine maker and shooter...they deserve a loving home. I love your country's beauty.

And a few words about customs- it is a nystery to us all.
LOL!!! The dumbness of Customs it's international :)

Never heard that "Gapper" denomination before. One is always learning.

Thanks for watching!!

Q

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.