Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Great job, Baumstamm, I am much honored that you like my design! How does it shoot for you?

I now prefer the little change I made, using a thicker handle with a palm swell. More comfortable that way for my hands.

Jörg

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank u mates!
joerg, since i shoot butterfly i use smaler forks. it shoots good because of the low fork, but always fear forkhits. i didn´t get any;-) love your new handle! i´ve used very light bands, maybe this design works better with heavyer bands because with heavyer bands your hand will flip automatic. i´m a more conservative dude, at the moment i only shoot and build naturals, dont know why?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Hammer grip does not work well for me on naturals, the forks are usually too high. That is why I designed the Phoenix with wide, low fork arms - fork hits don't happen. You rarely find natural forks with such wide angles (I have never ever seen one).

The only thing that does not work on the Phoenix is shooting very heavy ammo with very light bands. Then the speed can be slow enough that the ball touches the joint of the fork arms. As long as you exceed 40 m/s, things are fine.

I am going away from butterfly again, I simply missed the good, hard pull of a conventional strong bandset.

Jörg

·
Registered
606 Posts
Baunstamm outstanding work again and you have added your own personal touch with the black stain with para cord wrap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.