Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 75 years ago, a old Black Man in Illinois showed me how to make a slingshot. Here is the style that he showed me. It is a very old African style, so so much for thinking that the OTT is something new. This is how I made my Flips back then, later when I got my first Victor I stopped making this style, Back then though, I would spend hours making one similar to this. I would back then wrap all the way down to the crouch and sometimes even cover the handle. No problem getting free red rubber blown out inner-tubes then. I just made this one up this morning with scrap I had on hand, so the black is kind of hard to see the wrap and and the wrap pieces were not as long as i used to use, but you get the idea. I left the wraps stuck out so you could see them and also tried to show the flip whittled like it looked when I was a kid. No grooves and the ends were fixed by rubbing on concrete.

Wood Tool Hand tool Fashion accessory Natural material
Musical instrument Hand tool Wood Wrist Fashion accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Good job!! What's OLD is now NEW again - IMHO whatever makes you or someone else happy can only be a good thing!! Through the years I've gotten more than a few patents....but there were several times what I thought was NEW was actually VEEEERY OLD!! Also since I'm 67 I think OLD is GOOD....most of the time ;)

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I am going to be 83 this month, I think that times past were a whole lot less complicated, but not easier! It seems to me that we had a lot more time to do things in the past, than now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.