Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd have a go at making a natural slingshot.

Saw this nice fork in a holly bush, cut it out and banded it in the woods and had a plink.

When I got back home I tidied it up, removed the bark then treated it with a blowtorch and sealed with lacquer.

I didn't realise how darn satisfying it is to shoot (and hit) targets with something harvested from a tree and hacked up with a Leatherman.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks chaps, glad you like it.

I'm getting obsessed now - I was out for a ride and I just keep seeing slingshot frames everywhere, the forest is my shopfront!

The blowtorch colouring did come up nice, what you can't see from the photo is how nice this frame smells - sort of like rich tea biscuits.

So I'll be looking for more Holly branches.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm getting obsessed now - I was out for a ride and I just *** keep seeing slingshot frames everywhere,*** the forest is my shopfront!
Bob... *** This is apparently specific tae natural slingshot shooters everywhaur & called.. "Wishbone'itis.***

Bad cases dream aboot thame, extremely bad cases can wake up in a cauld sweat when holy grail forks keep passing them bye!

A' wid advise ye tae keep postin' yer findings,in here, in order tae balance yer mental health as ye can easily get lost in the forest! A've found this forum very therapeutic in this respect!

Take care

:)

·
Registered
850 Posts
For those of you familiar with "Edwardian Farm" (currently on Amazon and part of the BBC's historic farm series) - I think Biker_Bob would fit right in as a local slingshot expert. I can almost hear the narrator's stentorian tones:

"While the sheep flock continues to increase, it is plagued by predators. Peter and Alex seek the advice of local slingshot expert Biker_Bob, who helps them fashion slingshots from the abundant holly bushes growing wild near the farm. Peter and Alex learn the intricacies of this vintage weapon as they race to perfect their new-found skills before the predators attack again."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.