Slingshots Forum banner

A wonderful weekend (Nuremberg shootout)

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  torsten 
#1 ·
Last weekend was great! Helena and 9Gramm invited Geko and me to Nuremberg to spend a weekend doing the second best thing life has to offer - shoot slingshots. I want to say many thanks to our hosts! Geko made a video to share the fun with you:

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Mel, it looked like that the pouch that they were using was very small, is that right? Does it have a pocket? -- Tex

#5 ·
Looked like a great time. Only thing I would've done different, is having the song "Shoot To Thrill" playing.

#7 ·
Tex, the pouches on the albatros bands are very small. An Albatros-style band assembly has only 4-10 pound of drawing weight - no need for more! This means one can use very thin leather, which improves the performance even more. The ammo of choice for this style are 10mm steel balls, so again you don't need a large pouch.

The particular pouches have no cup, but a hole in the center. You can see the steel ball on some shots in the video :) the thin leather is very flexible and "wraps" around the ammo.

#8 ·
Seems like you guys had some fun!

I disagree that there is no need for more draw weight than a few pounds. The full butterfly, if shot with a smartly engineered release, has the potential to be devastating, dangerous and truly powerful, and I shall not rest until I have explored this route to the full.

Let us find out what 160 cm draw lengthes can do in combination with a whole lot of thin, extremely tapered flat bands, draw weights of at least 35 lbs, and lead balls with serious dia+weight.

I hope to crack the 60 fpe level that the US military has defined as the minimum energy for lethal weapons.

Jörg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.