Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Slingshot Forum friends:
So, I'm back after a break into carvings again. World has been in a turmoil and days seem like months.
Gladly, it looks like things are easing up, yet far from normal. My carving urges have took the best out of me again and I present to you yet another work of mine.
It is a very simple OTT slingshot, carved out from a natural branch of an Acacia dealbata tree. This wood is very pliable and light, yet very resilient due to its tight grain orientation. It was finished with linseed oil, shellac and beeswax.
Don't know yet if it's going to a friend, because of it's hand grip preference (he holds with the right hand). Anyway, he shall decide ;)
I'm planning to make a review of it in this weekend.
Hope you folks like it :)
Thanks for watching
Q

nº1.jpg nº2.jpg nº3.jpg nº4.jpg nº5.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good, your friend might have to learn to shoot with the other hand just to be able to keep that beauty.
LOL!!! That was a very nice compliment!!

But I can make him other slingshots. The world of slingshot carving is endless, thank goodness :D

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amazing as always !
Hello my friend!!!

So glad to see you here. Hope everything's fine :wave:

Thank you so much as always for your nice feedback!!!

We'll be talking more, for sure ;)

Best regards ...Q

There are so many beautiful woods I want them all. Nice work.
Indeed there are :D Sometimes one can't choose easily.

Even a simple wood like acacia can reveal its inner beauty.

Thanks for watching ...Q

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
So, I'm back after a break into carvings again. World has been in a turmoil and days seem like months.
Gladly, it looks like things are easing up, yet far from normal. My carving urges have took the best out of me again and I present to you yet another work of mine.
It is a very simple OTT slingshot, carved out from a natural branch of an Acacia dealbata tree. This wood is very pliable and light, yet very resilient due to its tight grain orientation. It was finished with linseed oil, shellac and beeswax.
Don't know yet if it's going to a friend, because of it's hand grip preference (he holds with the right hand). Anyway, he shall decide ;)
Thanks for watching
Q

attachicon.gif
nº1.jpg
attachicon.gif
nº2.jpg
attachicon.gif
nº3.jpg
attachicon.gif
nº4.jpg
attachicon.gif
nº5.jpg
Looks great Q!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for watching
Q

attachicon.gif
nº1.jpg
attachicon.gif
nº2.jpg
attachicon.gif
nº3.jpg
attachicon.gif
nº4.jpg
attachicon.gif
nº5.jpg
Looks great Q!
Top notch work Q, gorgeous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Q, it's always a joy to see your work, my friend!!
Just beautiful.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This is another beauty with your personal style, amazingly simple and functional, congratulations!

cheers,

jazz
WOW! - Fantastic work as always Q

Really loving those green accents. Hopefully can join you soon and see this in person.

BTW - Check out the May SSOTM - a worthy entry :)
Excellent
Yet another masterpiece Q! Beautiful work my friend.
Beyond inspiring. Not only fine, but somehow begs to be shot!?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
My dear friends!!

I do beg your forgiveness to write to you in "multiquote" mode!!

To be fair, everyone of you deserved every minute I have available. You are one of the reasons behind my existence in this hobby :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

It was just a simple frame, with nothing too fancy about it. I will strive to produce even better ones.

Thank you SO MUCH for your feedback Rockslinger, Sling N Shoot, devils son in law, dogcatchersito, jazz, mattwalt, bigdh2000, Ibojoe, Mojave Mo

Best regards ...Q

1 - 20 of 24 Posts