Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Derzeit sammle ich Informationen zum Entwerfen eines Armbrustschlingens wie eines Zhuge oder Chu-Ko Nu. Ich möchte den Ball nicht linear wie eine Schlinge beschleunigen, sondern mit einem starken Puls.

Das ist meine Idee:

Am Ende des Gummibands befindet sich ein dünnes Stahlkabel. Das Kabel wird wie eine Perle durch ein Loch an eine 8-mm-Stahlkugel gebunden.

Diese Stahlkugel wird wie eine gewöhnliche Stahlkugel einer Schlinge beschleunigt ... aber sie ist an das Kabel gebunden.

Am Ende der Beschleunigungsstrecke kollidiert die Stahlkugel mit einer anderen Stahlkugel, die durch einen kleinen Supermagneten fixiert wird

Diese 2. Kugel ist die Kugel und wird durch den Puls der ersten Kugel wie eine Billardkugel beschleunigt.

Ich weiß nicht, vielleicht ist das eine **** Idee .... aber jetzt sammle ich nur Ideen .....

Was denken Sie?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Translation

Currently, I am collecting information on designing a crossbow sling like a zhuge or a chu-ko nu. I don't want to accelerate the ball linearly like a loop, but with a strong pulse.

This is my idea:

There is a thin steel cable at the end of the rubber band. The cable is tied through a hole to an 8 mm steel ball like a pearl.

This steel ball accelerates like an ordinary steel ball in a sling ... but it is tied to the cable.

At the end of the acceleration distance, the steel ball collides with another steel ball, which is fixed by a small super magnet

This 2nd ball is the ball and is accelerated by the pulse of the first ball like a billiard ball.

I don't know, maybe this is a **** idea ... but now I'm just collecting ideas ...

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I can see the concept. I proved to some kids that if you drop a steel ball and a rubber ball of the same weight from a height, the steel will bounce higher than the rubber. I was demonstrating Rebound. The hitch in the system you are positing is the initial acceleration of the tethered ball and the energy lost in the rebound of the two balls and overcoming the inertia of the shot to acceleration. I will say that it will work, but IMHO probably not well enough to make it worth it.

But; Hey it won't be the first time I have been wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wrote the post in english.... and I did a lot to search mistakes I think, it translate to German automatically. this is now a Test: this post is in english....

@Flipgun: I thing, I will make a little test.

@ Winnie: exactly, this is the problem: Where is the possibility for loss of performance

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
Accelerating one ball to collide with another will cause both balls to distort on impact. A lot of lost energy there. The ball on the cable will bounce back after impact. Lost energy there. Energy will be required to knock the ball off the magnet. The cable and ball arrangement will be heavier than a ball and pouch. More lost energy.

If you are shooting at quarry the first ball hitting the second would introduce sound and, given the relatively low velocities in in our sport that could be a problem.

Or you could just pit a slingshot in your pocket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.