Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
9 out of 10 is pretty good in my book,improvement comes slowly sometimes. Keep on Slingin!
It was only 8 and I dont think Im that consistent now,,,,, but Im going to 10M and shoot until I can hit 10/19 most times, heck I may even start at 7M I thought i would have got better in 6 months shooting almost everyday oh well,,, just a hiccup I guess

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Don’t beat yourself up! This is all about having fun. But if your looking for suggestions on getting better….the only way I can improve is the improve my focus and my release. Now my release has been solid for a long time, but I always and will always have to keep my focus game in check. Shooting at cans will never help you get better, smaller targets will help you get better. I shoot at a 25mm spinner and sometimes a 1/2” spinner. If I shoot at a can I’m probably only gonna hit it 9/10 times, and when I shoot at that 25mm spinner I’m gonna hit it 9/10 times. But if I hang that spinner in front of a can you can bet your bottom dollar that the miss on the spinner will still be close enough to drill that can. If that makes any sense?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don’t beat yourself up! This is all about having fun. But if your looking for suggestions on getting better….the only way I can improve is the improve my focus and my release. Now my release has been solid for a long time, but I always and will always have to keep my focus game in check. Shooting at cans will never help you get better, smaller targets will help you get better. I shoot at a 25mm spinner and sometimes a 1/2” spinner. If I shoot at a can I’m probably only gonna hit it 9/10 times, and when I shoot at that 25mm spinner I’m gonna hit it 9/10 times. But if I hang that spinner in front of a can you can bet your bottom dollar that the miss on the spinner will still be close enough to drill that can. If that makes any sense?
makes perfect sense, what abut a small coke can 8 oz can lol ,, no I guess I should start shooting spinners, I just love the sound a can makes, makes me feel good everytime :)

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Those step down microfiber spinners with the red center make a great noise in my opinion. Lemme see if I can find the Amazon link for those guys. Less than ten bucks. Goes down to 8mm Amazon.com : Bluecell 6pcs Assorted Size 5.5MM Thickness Fabric Pad Airsoft Slingshot Target for Adult Shooting Outdoor Hunting Accessories : Sports & Outdoors
The wire cord is nice too, so they stay in place. Just center em your catchbox and tie them on with some latex tubing or whatever you have available. I like the Simpleshot ones too because they’re bright orange. No handy wire cord on them though and not as much noise.

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Getting to really good is a lot of work, improving from there is even harder. Looks like you are shooting really well so I wouldn't sweat not doing better than the awesome shooting you put up a year ago. Either that, or realize it is time to take it to another level and start shooting at smaller targets. I think we all go through ups and downs and periods where we shoot better and not as well. Keep enjoying!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank yall! I realized tonight ,my kinda playing around that I do in the evening isnt really the thing to get better. Its fun,, but I need to add some smaller stuff to improve. Im looking for the perfect release and follow thru {holdinganchor} but I havent found it yet. I appreciate you guys encouragement, really

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
thank yall! I realized tonight ,my kinda playing around that I do in the evening isnt really the thing to get better. Its fun,, but I need to add some smaller stuff to improve. Im looking for the perfect release and follow thru {holdinganchor} but I havent found it yet. I appreciate you guys encouragement, really

I have been doing much the same. I have also been thinking I need to work more and play less if I want to improve. But I have been choosing to enjoy bashing cans more than shooting paper or small spinners. Will see what the future brings.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have been doing much the same. I have also been thinking I need to work more and play less if I want to improve. But I have been choosing to enjoy bashing cans more than shooting paper or small spinners. Will see what the future brings.
shooting paper seems like eating something low fat and salt lol but I know it what is supposed to really improve you, Ill just start w/ spinners :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.