Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all !! I have to share a simple hack that that has made my accuracy so much more consistent! I added a small piece of 3M 33+ electrical tape to near the end of my barrel, at the center of the barrel. The center of the barrel is dead on at 8 meters for me, so I can use my new simple sight as a reference for closer or further distances and get a better feel for where to aim away from 8 meters.

After adding the tape sight my shots are within a 30mm circle as long as I get my breath right. Very happy with this progress since with daily "Blowing" I am looking at my blowgun as a primary hunting weapon.

Hope Yawl are doing Great...Cheers!!

Attachments

· Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Reed I definitely thought about using the fiber optic. My only concern was I wanted the setup to be able to be used as a walking stick and not have to worry about delicate fiber optic cord. The tape works great if it gets bumped it just lays to the side and he's at the stand it back up after using it as a walking stick and super easy to replace if needed. Just what I was looking for simple and functional. Since I've been shooting my mini shooter without fiber optics I have kind of pulled away from the delicate optic cord and want to try and keep things simple.

Cheers

· Registered
778 Posts
As good as you are with both S shot and B gun
I get the feeling you are blessed with the sharp shooter marksman gene.
Consistant 3 cm strikes with both, good on ya!
I wonder how keen you would be with a rifle with scope at long range?
ukj

· Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words, it comes from practice and using the same slingshot and blow gun setup every time with the thought of being as accurate as possible. I can say for sure that I am no Sharpshooter at long range with a rifle, having been in the Army. I can shoot normal ranges very well but nothing at a distance.

When I played paintball I would play against guys with paintball guns that held 200 rounds at a time and my rifle was specifically set up to hold 15 rounds like a real rifle and I used fiber optic sights and I was a dead accurate shot they're too. But I also practice every day with my paintball gun in that instance as well.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.