Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Slingshotforum Accuracy Challenge!

The aim of this challenge is to encourage increasing your accuracy and consistency

We will be shooting at a paper plate at a distance of 33’, or, you also have the option of shooting at 21’ if you’re more comfortable.
On the plate will be drawn 4 circles: a 4” circle, a 3”circle, a 2/1/2” circle and a 1/1/2” circle. Placement will be like that of the number 4 on a die (dice).
Each circle will represent a point value. Each circle should have the point value written within it. The point values are as follows:

4” Circle = 1 point
3” Circle = 2 points
2/1/2” Circle = 3 points
1/1/2” Circle = 4 points

You will take 4 shots. These shots can be either all at a single circle or at different circles, as you see fit. Keep track of the number of points you accrue with each video and work on increasing your highest point total with each video.
(Clarification of highest point total: If your points totaled 8 in one video but 4 in the next, your highest point total is still 8. Once you reach a value above 8 in a video, that new number would become your new highest point total).

Be sure to share your point total in each video so that we can enjoy your progress along with you!

Participants may upload one video session per day. You must show the distance from yourself to the target in each video session (either at the beginning of the video or at the end) with a measuring tape, and you must show both yourself and the target while shooting. For ideas on this, see entries in the competition: “Sept. 2021 Slingshot Shoot.” Each session must be filmed in a single take.

Everyone have fun out there and
Sling On!!

(Special thanks to Grandpa Grumpy for coming up with the circle idea and to SteveJ for kicking us off last month with the can shoot.)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Lol I need get a plat

lol yup get them slinging boots 🥾 on bro . What if I don’t like making circles on pie plates is a spinner ok I have a good selection of them well 2 inch and down anyway
What!? Being difficult right out the gate?! 😆 just kidding.
Well… I guess I’d actually say no on that because you want to track your shot placement too. But I dunno I’m just the guy that posted it, let’s see what the other guys think.
Wait, no. Paper plates. Cuz them’s the rules! 🤣

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've never posted a video - can we upload a clip directly from our computer file directory to the forum (I've uploaded plenty of pics, never tried to upload video), or do we have to use youtube ?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've never posted a video - can we upload a clip directly from our computer file directory to the forum (I've uploaded plenty of pics, never tried to upload video), or do we have to use youtube ?
Snydes I’m not sure. I remember there being some issue with that with the current way the website is laid out, I think you have to upload to your YouTube account and then link it? Can anyone help there because I’m not sure how it’s done either.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fine shooting @Ibojoe. Thanks for kicking it off. Yes, I’d say if you know you’re only going to be focusing on one sized circle there’s really no need to draw the other 3. I think you’re good. I’m trying to think for our really exceptional shooters how we can still make it challenging for you guys. Maybe that’s where grouping could come in. Whatever keeps it fun for you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts