Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok, for those of you who actually tried these bands, How about a report?

For me, I need to make them shorter than the 20 inches I picked.

OK, I spotted the math error.
Originally I purchased 64 inches of tubing (6 feet) not that 3 feet typed above.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
At my local Ace they only had 1/4 inch surgical tubing. Bought enough to arm a slingshot for 5 bucks. Shoots pretty good, I like it. Of course shooting with this size is very different from shooting with 1/8th size.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
I came across this thread the other day and I think it's worth bumping, though its old and didn't draw many posts, I think it's intriguing.......as many already know, I'm all about local and cheap elastic sources.

I have a huge stock of elastics for future use even though I can't shoot much in the winter so I'm not really looking to get any more right now......... but for future reference I'm interested in hearing more about these.

To get to the point, as Paul said, for those that gave these a try, any updates? opinions? observations?

Just wondering, the performance of Chinese tubing is impressive, and these look very similar.

Cheers - John

Reactions: Tag

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Ace did not have any. Hey Paul try short tubes say no more than 8 1/2 inch per tube and only one tube per fork and then work your way to a shorter length till you bottom out on your pull at your maximum pull and they will be faster with flatter flying ammo. My tubes work best for me at 6 1/2 inch between fork to pouch and single tubes. Just something to consider for getting the best from tubes, well it works for me.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Hey Paul try short tubes say no more than 8 1/2 inch per tube and only one tube per fork and then work your way to a shorter length till you bottom out on your pull at your maximum pull and they will be faster with flatter flying ammo. My tubes work best for me at 6 1/2 inch between fork to pouch and single tubes. Just something to consider for getting the best from tubes, well it works for me.
Ahh I figured that Darrell, 20 in. per side sounds like a lot to derive any power from the thin tubes, since they seem to stretch quite easily. Less length usually means heavier draw, more snap, and more power.

My local Ace Hardware has it by the foot.

So does Lowe's.
So do you plan on purchasing any WD? I'd love to hear a little update or review from anyone that has some of this tubing...

Take Care - John

·
Registered
429 Posts
John,

I do plan to get some to have on hand when I finally find the right forked branch.

I want to go on a walkabout like Frogman.

I'm glad that guy is on our side, aren't you?

WD40

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.