Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tested four set of band with the audacity software sistem on a fixed distance of 4,80 mt and my usual ammo: 8,6mm lead ball. These are the resoults

cheap exercise band, 2cmX16cm, doubled = 102 fps
four strands theraband yellow tubes = 187fps
four strands 1740 black dankung tubes 228 fps
eight strands 2040 black dankung tubes 238 fps

would you consider those values reliable? I have not a chrony so I don'have rearly any kind of comparison except from seat of the pants. And here the 2040 8 strands seems very very fast, and letal.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
From my test over my crony in the past the speeds sound a little fast. -- Tex

·
Registered
273 Posts
creazy: sorry, my fault, are 1745. i'd mis-typed

tex: I have red all Your's posts thats why I am in doubt. But wit the 2040 8 strand combo I have experienced some real brute and lethal force. So mthere should be some power.

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
I tested four set of band with the audacity software sistem on a fixed distance of 4,80 mt and my usual ammo: 8,6mm lead ball. These are the resoults

cheap exercise band, 2cmX16cm, doubled = 102 fps
four strands theraband yellow tubes = 187fps
four strands 1740 black dankung tubes 228 fps
eight strands 2040 black dankung tubes 238 fps

would you consider those values reliable? I have not a chrony so I don'have rearly any kind of comparison except from seat of the pants. And here the 2040 8 strands seems very very fast, and letal.
Just a few questions. Are you using one or two microphones? If one, is it closer to one target than the other? If two, are they each exactly the same distance from their respective targets?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I plan on buying a chrony shortly as you know I only use the chinese tubes,so will be able to give accurate readings.I could buy one next week but I think I had better get the wife a couple of presents for christmas first or I could be in the dog house.

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
only one mic, placed midway between papers sheets
That should produce consistent results.

The higher than expected speeds could be due to the computer clock not being as precise as it should be. Try checking your computer time against a good standard several days in a row. In the US, you can use the Official US Time page. I'm sure there is an equivalent service for your time zone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts