Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had one of the AGS brand silicone spinners bust on me today. I have fired less that 300 rounds at it and cracked badly at the bottom. It is one of the 5 cm models. Trying to remember where I got it from, I think it was from a trade maybe? If anyone knows who sells them please let us know, Thanks :)

Attachments

·
Registered
823 Posts
That’s wild, I’ve never had one break and it’s got 1,000+ shots on them. Aliexpress is the way to go buy em cheap and loads of them. If you want some fast performance catapults has some for sale on FB.

·
Registered
612 Posts
GZK sells some, as does AliExpress. I've found their durability varies a lot. Harder ones will crack and come apart like that one, whereas some are much softer and last way longer. I'm gonna try some of the new GZK leather spinners next time I place an order with him, it seems like those should last forever.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
GZK sells some, as does AliExpress. I've found their durability varies a lot. Harder ones will crack and come apart like that one, whereas some are much softer and last way longer. I'm gonna try some of the new GZK leather spinners next time I place an order with him, it seems like those should last forever.
I think they will too. I mentioned that I had a leather disk that I have been banging on for years

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I've had one AGS target break withing the first 10 shots. The best silicone targets are those that are NOT AGS, but have that dragon logo. I broke one of them for the first time today, after a few months.
That being said, I also have those leather targets in my basket, they will not get destroyed anytime soon!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm supposed to have a couple AGS freebies packed in with my last dankung order.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I'd say that SS would be your best bet. What would be wrong with ordering from our vendors?.
I don't know mate, I've used two AGS spinners, and both got seriously damaged in the first 5 hits. I didn't know that SS carried them though. If Nathan weeds the bad ones out that's great, but the shipping cost for just some spinners wouldnt be worth it for overseas shipping :(

·
Registered
815 Posts
I got the leather type, and the silicone, they ok for round kinda ammo, steel or marbles, not my lead chunks, so mostly I use the ol’ cans or some scrap leather when I want to save on ammo in my catch all box, druther shoot at critters in the woods, it’s funnier

·
Registered
492 Posts
I purchased six of these from GZK when they first became available. I'm not sure if the color has anthing to do with it, but I have them in white, in 3cm and 5cm diameters. So far I'm still using the first two from the order which are hanging in the catch box. They've taken over a thousand hits each and really show no signs of wear. They're still have that rubbery, pliable, flexible feel to them.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I purchased six of these from GZK when they first became available. I'm not sure if the color has anthing to do with it, but I have them in white, in 3cm and 5cm diameters. So far I'm still using the first two from the order which are hanging in the catch box. They've taken over a thousand hits each and really show no signs of wear. They're still have that rubbery, pliable, flexible feel to them.
Hmmm, sounds like those with the dragon logo. Those AGS I got in orange, do not have that soft rubbery feel. I've already ordered those white microfiber leather ones, with the red center, a set from 2cm to 6cm, and everything in between. I am sure those aren't going to get destroyed anytime soon.
Oh, are you shooting fast or slow speeds? Mine got destroyed even with some slow target bands I've tried.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Here are some pictures of the white AGS spinner I received. I lifted these pictures from my old post.

I usually shoot at 4X or a 4.5X stretch factor depending on band I'm using. GZK did throw in one of those microfiber targets with the red center on my last order. It seems well made, I haven't hung it up yet, so can't comment on durability.

Handwriting Office ruler Font Circle Pattern

Compared to WASP spinner

Hand Tableware Gesture Finger Line

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts