Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I think shooting at small targets helps you to focus your aim even if you don't hit the small target. As an example you can shoot at a 3" circle but it is hard to pick a point to focus your aim. Put a small dot in the center of that circle, focus your aim on the dot and your groups will soon become much tighter. Would you rather miss a 3" circle by an 1/2" or would you rather miss a small dot by 1/2"?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I agree with Grandpa Grumpy, it helps you focus down on a small spot. You can then apply that focus to points on larger targets. If you are shooting paper so you can get a reference of where you are hitting or if you can see your ammo fly when shooting at a spinner, it works very well. If you can't see where/how you are missing it will get very frustrating because you'll have no idea how to adjust your shot.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I used this method when I started. I started with the 60 mm spinner and had 50% probably less success rate hitting that. As I got better hitting it I move to the next smaller Target and so on. I'm now solid on a 40 mm spinner. I'm about 60% success rate on the 30mm spinner. I got good gratification out of actually being able to hit my target and once I got better I would move to the smaller spinner.

Cheers

·
Neophyte
2,075 Posts
Personally it does not matter the over all size of the target. I try to pick a spot to aim at and like the others have said, if you miss the center of the center of the center (as Bill Hayes says to aim for) you will likely still hit the can but if you aim for the can it is easy to miss the whole thing. Just my opinion, that and a fat bank account will get you a classic muscle car lol :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.