Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen, made, thought of.... an aiming system for the Wasp Uniphoxx?

I shoot mine TTF and am thinking that an aiming system could be attached / fixed through the tube hole.

Any thoughts or ideas on that?

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
No harm in giving it a bash. Obviously it does come with an aiming point - but its small.

Just need to be sure whatever you do it won't damage the bands.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can use a marker and just draw a aiming point on the band or from depending on how you aim
Cheers guys
I was thinking of something that could relate to differrent ranges. For example at 20yd i am spot on with the aiming dimp, but at 10yd i need quite a lot of hold under.
I think this is where OTT really wins as its far easier to have reference points along the vertical axis that are directly in line with the band.

Answers on a postcard i guess...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
You can use a marker and just draw a aiming point on the band or from depending on how you aim
Cheers guys
I was thinking of something that could relate to differrent ranges. For example at 20yd i am spot on with the aiming dimp, but at 10yd i need quite a lot of hold under.
I think this is where OTT really wins as its far easier to have reference points along the vertical axis that are directly in line with the band.
I make them for all the slingshots I use ott not sure about ttf dont shoot that way anymore ,but I'm sure there is way. It all depends on your aim points how much of a pain it will be to come up with something .

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys
I make them for all the slingshots I use ott not sure about ttf dont shoot that way anymore ,but I'm sure there is way. It all depends on your aim points how much of a pain it will be to come up with something .
I have half an idea. Have got a few bits on order to make a small sight, if it works i will post up the details. Cheers

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sight Right Card from Hitman Slingshots.
I have a similar idea..... the sight right really only works well on OTT, but i'm looking for something for TTF. I have half an idea to make something up similar to the sight right. Cheers

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I gave homemade fiber optic sights a try on one of my board cut slingshots (photo) - maybe this could be a viable option?

In the worst case, some super glue would keep something similar in place if drilling is not an option.

Not difficult to make with a bit of patience, and fiber optic rod from Aliexpress - see below:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32873084720.html?spm=2114.search0604.3.37.278725c5qJE9to&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_7_10065_10068_319_10059_10884_317_10887_10696_321_322_10084_453_10083_454_10103_10618_10307_537_536_10134%2Csearchweb201603_52%2CppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=ff44edd6-1b00-4d12-8c26-e0058c018ac5-5&algo_pvid=ff44edd6-1b00-4d12-8c26-e0058c018ac5

Just my 2 cents worth...

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
A bit late to the party, but I saw a video of a Uniphox review and they showed the new wasp clips as well as two others one of which had fiber optics and were 3D printed was made by Meridion Bendo. They were called the Pro Clip X but having searched, I can not find them. Shame, they look good.

Here is the video

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
A bit late to the party, but I saw a video of a Uniphox review and they showed the new wasp clips as well as two others one of which had fiber optics and were 3D printed was made by Meridion Bendo. They were called the Pro Clip X but having searched, I can not find them. Shame, they look good.

Here is the video
The website for the Pro Clip XX is not up but they are on Facebook. Not sure how fast they are responding with the current virus situation but worth a try. https://www.facebook.com/slingshotwarehouse

·
Registered
962 Posts
I cant find my picture of my aiming set up, Ill work on finding it today. I know I could have just not told you this and found the picture and posted it. but I wanted to be supportive. And now telling you its coming I have too. im a man of my word.

·
Registered
962 Posts
DSCF3183.JPG

This fork is interchangeable for a couple other handles ive made. So I shoot the same fork which adds to my accuracy. This fork came with a cheap plastic fiber optic sight. I didnt really get along with it. I replaced the plastic with an steal nail and cut the head off and rounded it over so it wouldnt damage my bands. (top right of fork, I shoot left handed ott gangster style) I bent the sight tip over and filed it to be flat with the band edge. It has a set screw that I can move it up or down about 1/2 an inch. Once I got it sighted in I never had to adjust it. I know for larger ammo I put the sight dot high on the target and so on for lighter ammo. It wouldnt be hard to do this simple set up on a wood/resin or composite sling.

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
DSCF3169.JPG DSCF3184.JPG

Here are the other handles and custom carrying case, also is just the fork. I hope this is clear enough. I know its not a wasp uniphoxx but it may get your wheels turning.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts